Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Got my bus!!!

Hey Everybody, I'm new here and I'm so happy to be part of this community! I am a seniorita in my 70's who is embarking on this adventure with my partner who is also a seniorita. I'm either courageous or crazy as hell! My bus "Viola the Womb Bus" is a 2000 GMC 6.5l diesel with 64,000 miles. She came from the deaf school near me in NC and with not a big student body the usage was very light. There is no rust. She was checked out by a mechanic and runs good. I have a question. In the rear of the bus mounted on the ceiling is a huge Carrier A/C. It works very well. I hear that many people remove theirs. I'm torn. I would like the space but also the A/C for driving in hot weather. What would y'all recommend?

Mamassecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamassecret View Post
Hey Everybody, I'm new here and I'm so happy to be part of this community! I am a seniorita in my 70's who is embarking on this adventure with my partner who is also a seniorita. I'm either courageous or crazy as hell! My bus "Viola the Womb Bus" is a 2000 GMC 6.5l diesel with 64,000 miles. She came from the deaf school near me in NC and with not a big student body the usage was very light. There is no rust. She was checked out by a mechanic and runs good. I have a question. In the rear of the bus mounted on the ceiling is a huge Carrier A/C. It works very well. I hear that many people remove theirs. I'm torn. I would like the space but also the A/C for driving in hot weather. What would y'all recommend?
I would not remove it. Many a tale of woe from others on this site that did so and regretted it. A/C is one of several things I tell people never to screw with on their bus.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Girardin Microbird MB-IV
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: 7.3 Diesel
Rated Cap: 25
Welcome and congrats!
As for the A/C: Yes they are big and in the way, and yes, I think you should keep it! You will be much more comfortable driving with it especially in the Southern climate. You likely have dash A/C as well but it likely won't keep the whole bus cool.
Enjoy the ride!
peakbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:43 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you so much. I follow your responses on here all the time and I really respect your take on things!
Old 12-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you so much. I started to remove it first. Boy I am glad I decided to ask.