Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #1

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: GMC G3500
Engine: 5.7L
Rated Cap: 22
Greenhorn here...

It’s a pleasure to meet all of you!! I’m new to this Skoolie lifestyle and it’s taken me a few years to get my footing finally and start my conversion build. I honestly have ZERO experience in this field so I’m sure I’ll make PLENTY of mistakes along the way but thats the learning process I’ve realized. Lol! I’m converting my 1995 GMC G3500 Thomas Minotaur into a Mobile Tattoo Studio where I can work Bike Rally’s, Festivals and Events across the country in the comforts of my own bus while maintaining a sterile field within my working area so everything MUST be able to be wiped down of any blood borne pathogens after every tattoo is applied. Thanks for reading and I welcome any and all constructive criticism. 🙏🏻👊🙏🏻

BillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:34 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thor
Chassis: E450
Engine: Ford 7.3L
Damn that's a cool idea! Can't wait to see it when you get going!
Srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:59 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
That is an interesting use of the bus. Please do yourself a favor and talk it over with an insurance agent. Using the bus as a mobile tatoo parlor probably makes it a commercial vehicle and would need appropriate insurance.

Give Kelly Newsome at Allstate in Leesburg @ 352-326-9300. Let her know what your total plan is and see if she can help.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:16 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
It’s a pleasure to meet all of you!! I’m new to this Skoolie lifestyle and it’s taken me a few years to get my footing finally and start my conversion build. I honestly have ZERO experience in this field so I’m sure I’ll make PLENTY of mistakes along the way but thats the learning process I’ve realized. Lol! I’m converting my 1995 GMC G3500 Thomas Minotaur into a Mobile Tattoo Studio where I can work Bike Rally’s, Festivals and Events across the country in the comforts of my own bus while maintaining a sterile field within my working area so everything MUST be able to be wiped down of any blood borne pathogens after every tattoo is applied. Thanks for reading and I welcome any and all constructive criticism. 🙏🏻👊🙏🏻
How long you been tatooing? Do you work anywhere local?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:36 AM   #5

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: GMC G3500
Engine: 5.7L
Rated Cap: 22
I do appointment only and usually handle my bookings through Facebook Messenger. Look up my name on FB and check out my work. “Bill Keithley”.

I currently have insurance through Progressive and have had no issues so far, but I didn’t even take the fact that it could become a commercial vehicle once used for tattooing. Thanks for the advice. ��
BillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:04 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
I do appointment only and usually handle my bookings through Facebook Messenger. Look up my name on FB and check out my work. “Bill Keithley”.

I currently have insurance through Progressive and have had no issues so far, but I didn’t even take the fact that it could become a commercial vehicle once used for tattooing. Thanks for the advice. ��
Your work looks really great man! I dig it!
I grew up with a guy who's now semi-famous in the tattoo world. Stefan Meisse. https://www.instagram.com/stefanmeisse/?hl=en

Some friend of mine just paid TOP dollar for some reall shitty tattoos at some place in downtown Orlando.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote