Ok...my wife and I are about to embark on a mission with our 3 girls (soon to be a 4th!)
We are starting from ground zero and will be dull timing the next year (or more). Part of the challenge we are having is getting a CLass A layout that works for us...so we started looking at a bus conversion.
Quite honestly, I have no clue where to begin and I feel a bit overwhelmed by the thought...yet, I feel it is the best way to make it work for us and get the layout we want. I will not be doing the work ..as I am not handy
- something 40 feet plus
- Heard prevost and MCis may be the best?
- Will be outsourcing the work..but not sure who or where to go to
- plan on buying an older bus and put about $100K + into it...but I am concerned about losing my shirt if we resell it in a year or two (who knows...we may live in it for 5+ years...but not sure yet and don't want to lose that much on it)
- want something older..but not too old...I was thinking between 7-15 years old
- would like something with high enough ceilings where we could build a loft (similar to what Thor outlaw has in their newer CLass A toyhauler models)
Also..would love to know:
-what I should be looking for when buying this bus....I plan to have it inspected
- what should I be concerned about when buying an older bus?
- what does it cost to gut and build out a custom layout if I am outsourcing everything?
- where should I be looking for used buses?
- are there any major drawback to full timing in a bus conversion (like finding places to stay, getting insurance, resale value, etc)
I know I have so many questions...and I don't want to overwhelm the forum on my first post....
so any info is MUCH MUCH appreciated...we are very serious..and I need to get moving on this because we want to leave by this summer