Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2020, 08:13 PM   #1

Haaaay!

Hey folks,
Still looking for a short bus, I'd wanted one for years but just started looking in earnest in February. 'Had one on the hook last week but couldn't quite reel it in.

I figure it's probably a good idea to look at resources and ideas before I go dragging one home. I'm sure rediculous newb questions are forthcoming, though I can't think of any at the moment.

Anyway that's all I got
Cheers.

Johnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:20 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Welcome to skoolie.net! I wouldn't lament your loss, there are many fish in the sea of school buses. If you click on User CP in the upper left you can fill out your profile details and then people will know where you are and (eventually) what species of bus you own.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:48 AM   #3

A lil more; Ideally I'd like to find a naughts era shuttle bus. I've gotten a bit skeptical on diesels just because of changing California emissions laws, and in the end I've a lot more experience with stuff with spark plugs. I've had any number of vans over the years that had various levels of sleepover capacity, so I think of a future bus as just a really big hippy van. I know of many examples of folks getting bogged down in doing a fancy conversion and never really getting their project going. My strategy is to just do some some road trips in it, pull some utility trailers around for projects, generally get it in the wind, and make it more comfortable as we go. My sweetie has pretty well decided the new bus should be called the Moya, given all our scifi geekery, maybe Moya Plavalaguna?

Years ago (95ish?) I was all hot to pick up a 1955 Kenworth I had found that was beat all to heck. It was probably light blue on the outside before it faded in the AZ sun, so it had a gnarly powdered fade, by the time I found it. The inside was all done up in very 70s blue shag, walls and all. It had doorways down the center with "ali baba" shapes in the tops of them. At the time I was looking for something to live in full time. I couldn't come up with the cash for it so I got a trailer and lived in it for 8 years or so. I was so excited about it and talked about it so much my folks dubbed it the Pagh, after a Kingon Bird-of-Prey. "Gnarly on the outside, dark and creepy on the inside."

I've got it in mind for the new machine to have some elements of the Pagh. It could be a bit homie, on the inside, and given a bit of a Wasteland faux on the outside to make it look much more beat than it actually is. Cars and houses are never really finished, so I don't ever expect to have a point where I'd call my bus project "done."
Johnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote