Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #1

Hello!

Hey everyone. My name is Em and I'm 17. My fiance and I both plan on going to trade school, and, afterwards, becoming part of the nomadic lifestyle. We want to start off with a large van or, preferably, a short school bus to convert (he's going into carpentry, and I'm going into automotive repair, perfect for this life!). Right now, I'm curious about what kinds of prices y'all got on short busses with the seats still in. Advice on what years or makes are welcome, too

SunflowerEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerEm View Post
Hey everyone. My name is Em and I'm 17. My fiance and I both plan on going to trade school, and, afterwards, becoming part of the nomadic lifestyle. We want to start off with a large van or, preferably, a short school bus to convert (he's going into carpentry, and I'm going into automotive repair, perfect for this life!). Right now, I'm curious about what kinds of prices y'all got on short busses with the seats still in. Advice on what years or makes are welcome, too
Hi Em,

Welcome! You are right, the trades you are going into are perfect for skoolie life!

I bought my long, dog-nosed bus for just over $2000. The link is here: Public Surplus: Auction #1682539

Buying from school yards seems to be the safest way to go. You can get service records and they've generally been well maintained.

Sandi

My bus build is here: www.thismidwifetravels.com
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote