Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #1

Hello!

New to joining the site but I've been drooling over it for several years. In the process of research and planning right now but hopefully within the next year I'll have my own Skoolie!

Suggs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Welcome and good luck. What is your dream bus?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #3

I'm not quite sure yet. I know that I want a flat-nose and as long as I can get it....I want to comfortably sleep 2 couples and 4 singles. When all is said and done, I want a reliable bus that I can use to take my family wherever we decide to go. It will be used a lot for me and my 2 Boys to go hunting and fishing and we'll be bringing along a friend or two of their's as well.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I'd suggest you go look at some local buses listed for sale. They don't have to be the perfect bus because this is primarily for you to measure inside dimensions so you can work out a basic floor plan on paper.

So you're making the camper/hunter bus? Insulation would be good for those hunting trips.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:32 PM   #5

Robin,

I have a friend that works for a school system and can get access to buses through her.

Insulation will be key for us. I plan on spraying it in. Plan on raising the roof also. I'm going to wait for the 2nd one to have a slide-out....
Old 06-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Yeah, slide outs sound nice. There's some video's on youtube about people putting in slide outs that appear to be way under engineered. I don't know how they're built in an RV, as in photos of RV crashes you usually can't identify the slide out.

I like the idea of the extra space, but at the same time the reason I chose a bus is because of how safely they're built structurally. I don't want to cut out support structure to add some extra space.

I subscribe to the KISS theory. I resist the urge to drill any holes in the roof and I keep my furnishings simple. I've got a medium size bus which allows me enough space to have a garage in the back of the bus.

As always, each to his own. I'd enjoy seeing a slide out built and set up. I'm sure I don't know how to do that. I'd want a coach to do that kind of work on.