Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2024, 09:58 AM   #1

Hello

I have a 1989 Ford E350 and I am searching for a repair manual. This is a former school bus; now titled as camper/van. When I look for the manual the only things that come up are for Ford Vans. Would this be the same engine information? Thanks for any help.

Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:22 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird Mini-Bird 24'
Chassis: Chevy P30
Engine: Chevy 6.2L Diesel
Yes; the "E350" is the platform information. Your "bus" will have and use all of the same parts and information as pretty much any other E350 van. The air cleaner is the same, the alternator is the same, the exhaust is the same--all of it.

The only slight differences I could possibly see is that perhaps your steering and suspension might be a little bit beefier, but that's an "if" that depends on your GCVW. Most likely is that it's all the same, I'm not certain because I've never taken a look at an E350 bus. If the bus is not, then you're probably on whatever became of the P30/P35 chassis, which is basically the 1-ton drivetrain in the E350 with beefed up steering, suspension, and sometimes transmissions.

Do not be afraid to consult a van manual when trying to change your alternator or troubleshoot electrical circuits because they will be virtually identical except for all of the weird safety circuits that buses got to keep muh kids safe.
Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote