Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2020, 03:11 AM   #1

Hello all

Long time lurker, first time poster. My wife and I finally got our driveway repaved and elongated so we can get a bus. We are in Atlanta Ga. and are officially on the look out for a bus.

TBD42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:28 AM   #2

So exciting! I'm brand new to the network and your post caught my attention. My husband and I are actually moving back to our hometown of Atlanta, GA in the spring to officially start our bus adventure dream build. After 10 years of living in New York City we are excited for a change of pace Where are you guys hunting for buses? Have you found anything good so far in the Atlanta area?
MariaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Hey there, welcome aboard. There's lots of good info here, so take a peek at the various build threads and ask lots of questions! There are certain engines and transmissions that are more desirable than others, and some that are downright lousy depending on what you intended uses are. Knowing which buses to buy and which to avoid is half the battle.

There's a few members from your area. One member (Brad_SwiftFur) who I think might have a bus for sale and definitely has mentioned that he may be available to hire for mechanical work, inspections, and possibly some conversion-related tasks.
One last word of warning, because it's so close to ATL and might be tempting, there's a former member from Dawsonville GA who flips buses for profit and has misrepresented the specs of them. Don't want to see anyone else get burned here.