Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2021, 09:40 PM   #1

Hello, and any tips for Monday?

Hello, everyone! I just bought a 2008 International RE series flat nose.

You can follow our build on IG: https://www.instagram.com/stargazerbus/

I've read a lot, watched a lot of videos, and I'm still a little nervous. Which probably means I have some common sense after all

Are there any tricks or tips you think would be useful that aren't included in basic literature or on videos? I think I have the very basics down (in knowledge, not practice) and I'm wondering what I've overlooked - I'm sure it's a lot. Someone on FB mentioned multiple kinds of diesel fuel - I didn't know this was a thing until recently. Are the auto/other options the same as diesel 1 and diesel 2?

I'm picking the bus up Monday, and plan on finding a large, empty parking lot to drive around and get used to everything.

Thank you thank you thank you, and I am stoked about being part of skoolie nation!

-Rob

robtotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:18 AM   #2
Skoolie

#1 diesel is typically for cold weather use, doesn't gel up when it gets cold. #2 diesel is a bit thicker and will gel up when the temps get too low.
84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2013
Chassis: IC RE
Engine: HT570 / 3500SP
Rated Cap: 4
How did it go?
ABBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:59 PM   #4

I made it home safely from Toledo to Louisville, after some test driving in a parking lot. I hit a traffic cone about 100 feet out of the bus depot lot, lol, but smooth sailing after that. Other than right turns, which will take a while to get down, I was surprised by how easy it is to drive overall. It definitely takes a lot more focus than driving a car / passenger truck, particularly scanning the mirrors, lanes and horizon all at the same time, but that's not a surprise.

Thanks!
robtotten is offline   Reply With Quote