Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2019, 11:37 PM   #1

Year: 2007
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Hello everyone

Hello I'm Zack from Ohio doing my 4th conversion.

First bus was a 1968 International Loadstar 1600 Carpenter body works short bus competed with my father when I was younger and it started mutt love of these buses. I still have this little bus and had many offers to sell but can't.

Second was a full size 1970 International Loadstar 1700 Carpenter body works again completed with my father and bigger for the whole family to go into Canada for camping.

Third was a 1994 International DTA360 Blue Bird mid size with wheelchair ramp that my buddy had to have so I sold it a few years ago.

Current project 2000 International DT466E full size Amtran body. This one is being built to be self sustaining with an APU from a semi with a 2 cylinder diesel Kubota engine and 6kw generator on board 12vdc automatic battery charger independent cooling for the Kubota. This is my first time joining the form I look forward to sharing information about my build and design.
Nice to meet you all!!

Thanks
Zack

zthomas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:42 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Aloha Zack!

Welcome. Hope you are surviving the winter, or have a garage to work in for your bus, up there in Ohio!
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #3

Building a quonset hut this summer to place the bus in but I'm use to the cold and spend allot of time in it. We just transported the bus up from Kentucky a month ago working on getting seats out now. Doing some cheating using a grinder to just cut the bolt heads off instead of the two person method. Cold won't stop progress here.
Thank you for the aloha!

Zack
Old 03-03-2019, 12:10 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Welcome aboard.

Most newbies come here to learn; but with 4 builds under your belt, you might be teaching instead.

And apologies for the smell......that kennel we keep all the Buckeyes in is getting a little crowded.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:22 AM   #5

One thing I have learned is you can never learn enough about these everyone is different every person who builds one is unique in their own way. The design and the personality that goes into each bus is just amazing. It truly is an art that allows each person to create a space they love. This build will be different for me as it is being more designed for taking the dirt bikes out so not concentrating on a decorative look but a more functional to handle motocross gear and lots of mud and more of a guys bus if you know what I mean. Yet at the same time I can just go camping anytime I want.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:38 AM   #6

I completely forgot to post any pictures of the new bus.
Attached Thumbnails
20180915_184340.jpg  
Old 03-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #7

So today we had a nice day and for the price of lunch I got some coworkers to help remove seats. Got the all removed in an hour. So now the project really starts. Got some interesting looks driving the bus into the workplace but soon enough the whole neighborhood was their taking a look.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_130244.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	30631