Old 09-24-2020, 07:18 AM   #1

Hello Everyone!

Hello all, I am Viola, New to the Bus world , I just brought two school busses one small and the other a 43 passager , I got them to convert into Food Trucks!! so I joined this group due to its alot of issues I starting to run into and I am hoping you guys can lead this crazy bus buying person to victory or I just made a $10,000 mistake for buying them . first I am having trouble registering the 43 passager bus due to its size, where are these Notarys that will let you tag it as a station wagon at because Here in PA they are all looking at me like ..WHAT thats a bus!! so i would like to find someone in PA Delaware county if possible to go tag & Reg it, also where can I park this thing, the city is all over me, at this point I'm playing hide a bus!!! soon these walls are going to close in I need advice and quick!! thank you for reading! PS ... and is there anyone who can help to convert it into a Food truck !! or know of someone who can will also be greatly appreciated!
BIGBROBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E-Md3060
I found this information in this thread:
change the body type of your bus to whatever you want (including motorhome) by mailing in form MV-41:
post # 48
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/p...g-12842-3.html

also found this in the same thread;
No cdl required
post #42.
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/p...g-12842-3.html

hope this sets you off in the right direction!
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:56 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30
Engine: 350 Chevy
Rated Cap: 10K
Registering in Vermont is a quick way to get them classified as a RV.
It might take a couple of weeks or so to get plates via mail, but that's likely your fastest way to get the buses registered without the hassles of going through a DMV inspection in PA?

Unfortunately, there might be added issues if you go that route.
Mainly because you're converting them to food trucks. There will likely be lots of red tape for you to clear before getting either of them "blessed" by any health dept. in any state.
At a minimum you'd have to go through a DMV inspection to get them changed from RV to foodie.

If I was in your shoes I'd cut one of them loose ASAP, as it's enough work to convert one vs trying to outfit two! (unless you can pay a shop or someone you fully trust, to do the conversion/up fitting on them).

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not attacking you for your decision: Hopefully you get some help quickly, as it doesn't sound like you researched what you're trying to do very well...

Good luck in your projects and business plans, going forward Viola...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking needed, where can i tag my bus at