Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: TBD
Coachwork: Tbd
Chassis: Tbd
Hello form Alaska

Hello, my name is Jim. About to start my 3rd bus conversion, This one will be a long conversion under tarphere in Juneau ustilizing my experience from the past two buses. The last one we made it all the way to Panama and did not want to ship it so we went back to Nicaragua and sold it to a NGO as a mobile medical clinic and flew to Alaska. This one instead of sleeping 6 will now only have to sleep 1-2 (and 2 dogs), the last two were hybrid diesel/electric and it worked well so I am keeping that bonus in this one as well. One big thing I am adding is hydraulic rams at each corner in order to facilitate tire changes and... to help the next time I bury it up to the rear diff in mud remotely in Guatamala, (you can only tour Mayan ruins so many times waiting for help ) I am looking at converting it to 4WD, this time I am adding slideouts and raising the roof 6". And it will be traveling the world for my business (a start-up) and is the prototype for 5 other ones if it works like I hope and pray it will.

Musicforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:59 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Welcome ... back.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote