Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2024, 07:13 PM   #1

Hello from Austin!

Hello All,

After over a decade of thinking (dreaming) about doing a build, I am finally at a point in my life where it's about to happen.

It seems like I've spanned the entire spectrum of vehicles, from Sprinters to JDM imports and a few random vans in between considering options.

I guess time and age have helped me better evaluate our needs. The only rig that makes sense is a skoolie. The driving factor was our three dogs that will be hitting the road with us. We needed the room for them (and us) to be comfortable while gone for long stretches of time.

This coming Sunday, I'll be checking out a gutted bus near Austin. Having this work already done will give me a blank slate to craft something that meets all the criteria.

I'm sure I'll have a million questions along the way, and I look forward to learning from all of you here on this forum.

Halen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 10:02 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: '05
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: RE300
Engine: DT466 HT
Rated Cap: 69
That was my initial decision in buying a bus, and my reason for coming back to a bus after a few years in a Sprinter van. Good luck with the project. There's a TON of information here and a lot of really awesome people to utilize as resources on pretty much every aspect of the build. I hope this bus you're going to check out checks all the boxes for you!

links in post may earn commissions.
nocoasty is offline   Reply With Quote