Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #1

Hello from Florida

Hello everyone! I have been doing research for quite some time now and looking forward to 'building' a shuttle bus conversion. FYI, I was a trucker for two years over the road, so living out of a truck I can do - living out of a conversion would be wonderful in comparison!!

So, I have no problem doing the plumbing and I am a fair to middlin' carpenter, however, I need someone here in Central Florida who can do the electric, solar, inverter once I get going.... been looking at Ford E450 shuttle with back door hatch. I plan on using propane, mounted on a (secured) swinging platform on the back side of the bus. However, I love my wifi, watch TV off of it and talk to my kids/grands on the 'puter. I want a killer solar package. I've been looking into high end inverters and lithium batteries... probably about 6 - 8. No I don't have a bunch of moolah right now, but I have an awesome sign-on bonus for the job I'll be starting next year. So I need to start planning for the build.

I love to cook, been a chef for quite some time so my kitchen needs to be rambunctious. Don't care for a bedroom per se', I'm looking to have more cabinet space and more counter top than usual, so a nice murphy or folding couch will do it? Or maybe a facing bench bed would be more like it.

I want a shower I can 'shower' in with a tub base, for those days I want to soak and hooked to city... So I need an insta-hot water heater, and figuring on over the hub water tanks on both sides with a composting toilet. grey water will be mounted under the bench/bed.

Any advice would be wonderful - links, info - Thanks!

Sheherazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I'd advise to buy a bus with ANY engine other than a Ford 6.0 diesel.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:25 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Welcome to the site!

I do believe you are the first member I have read about that wants a "rambunctious" kitchen in a shorty. You go! After all, if you can't get what you want in a conversion that YOU build, you just cant get it.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:57 PM   #4

Aw, no... not a shorty. Thinking a 30 footer/25-36 passenger. When I think of a shorty, I think a 14+2.
Sheherazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
There are several auction options around Central Fl. Good ones become available all the time, bad ones, do too. Be patient, diligent. Finding Your 'ideal bus' is worth waiting for the next auction.
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, electrical system, instant hot water, shuttle bus conversion, solar