Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2016, 06:44 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Chassis: Amtran RE T444E
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 72
Hello from Georgia...

I'm the proud new owner of a 1998 AmtranRE T444e with 187,000 on it. I've been on here for months researching before I made a purchase and I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great information. As I start to work on my bus this is the first place I'm gonna look for answers and guidance.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0246.jpg  

Sirdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirdave View Post
I'm the proud new owner of a 1998 AmtranRE T444e with 187,000 on it. I've been on here for months researching before I made a purchase and I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great information. As I start to work on my bus this is the first place I'm gonna look for answers and guidance.
Welcome and congratulations!!!
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I'm a Georgia resident as well looking into and doing research about purchasing a bus looking forward to hearing about your journey
Kalinicoled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Chassis: Amtran RE T444E
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 72
I will post pictures and updates as the process goes along, it's going to be a long journey due to available time to work on the bus and funds.
Sirdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:00 AM   #5
Skoolie

It's awesome to see so many Georgia folks here!

I met a really nice family from Savannah at the Georgia Tiny House Festival early this year. Seeing their bus (especially after looking at all the tiny houses) is what really convinced my husband and me that a skoolie is the way to go.

This forum is a fantastic resource, and I am amazed at what a helpful, knowledgeable community we have. I've never been particularly handy, although I can rock some art and cosplay stuff, and I'm finding that many of those skills transfer to more practical construction. (An angle grinder is sort of like a dremel on steroids!)

Google's site filter is your friend when it comes to research. Just type a few key words and add site:skoolie.net to your search. There are tons of helpful videos on youtube also. I can't wait to see your buses!
mysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirdave View Post
I will post pictures and updates as the process goes along, it's going to be a long journey due to available time to work on the bus and funds.
I understand how that goes I just discovered the skoolie world so I'm doing a ton of reading and video watching haha and trying to find a skoolie owner who wouldn't mind me checking out their place i want to see if it is something i could really handle yah know especially since ill probably be doing most of the conversion on my own to save costs should i decide to follow through with a conversion
Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #7
Skoolie

Mine is in Ohio (because I have family up there to help, and tools, and a place to work, and it's easier to get it re-titled and registered as an RV up there), or I'd invite you over to see it in progress. I'm doing a commute between Georgia and Ohio until my daughters finish school - I promised my eldest I wouldn't make her move during her senior year in high school, and we still have to get our Georgia house sold anyway.
mysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysty View Post
It's awesome to see so many Georgia folks here!

I met a really nice family from Savannah at the Georgia Tiny House Festival early this year. Seeing their bus (especially after looking at all the tiny houses) is what really convinced my husband and me that a skoolie is the way to go.

This forum is a fantastic resource, and I am amazed at what a helpful, knowledgeable community we have. I've never been particularly handy, although I can rock some art and cosplay stuff, and I'm finding that many of those skills transfer to more practical construction. (An angle grinder is sort of like a dremel on steroids!)

Google's site filter is your friend when it comes to research. Just type a few key words and add site:skoolie.net to your search. There are tons of helpful videos on youtube also. I can't wait to see your buses!
I didn't even know there was a tiny house festival that sounds super cool! And I'm in the same boat I've never really been into handy work but I'm sure i can figure it out haha I'm also an artist into special fx and other types of art are you currently working on a conversion?
Old 11-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysty View Post
Mine is in Ohio (because I have family up there to help, and tools, and a place to work, and it's easier to get it re-titled and registered as an RV up there), or I'd invite you over to see it in progress. I'm doing a commute between Georgia and Ohio until my daughters finish school - I promised my eldest I wouldn't make her move during her senior year in high school, and we still have to get our Georgia house sold anyway.
Yeah i understand that my mom was up here in georgia and i was in fl finishing my senior year i appreciated it so much haha and thanks haha yeah I'm just at a cross roads with the house situation I'm 24 and ready to have my own place but money is an issue which is how i stumbled on the skoolie world
Old 11-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Welcome from Texas.

"Now I got my Magic Bus"
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote