Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2021, 03:38 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Chassis: ThomasBuilt 30'
Engine: need someone to tell me
Rated Cap: me + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by demac View Post
assuming the role of the german transportation authority? Misguided.

Surely, superkraut will drive it. That is the point.

zork:
definition,
trinidadian slang for being misguided or fooled into actions that may lead to somewhat embarassing circumstances. To be screwed over.

Ever been to trinidad?

lol..........

kidharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:07 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidharris View Post
lol..........
Poor prepubescent boi Demac seems to be unhappy that I permanently blocked his sorry behind after he kept motormouthing endlessly and boring me to death in a private thread.

He also seems to be blissfully ignorant of the fact that the word "Zork" is a reference to natural language computer technology which revolutionized the gaming world back in the early 80's and made some people very rich.

Talk about foolish actions with embarrassing consequences, eh? Perhaps he needs to take his complaints to a priest or therapist, hopefully not in that order.

And so it goes...
Zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:54 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
Poor prepubescent boi Demac seems to be unhappy that I permanently blocked his sorry behind after he kept motormouthing endlessly and boring me to death in a private thread.

He also seems to be blissfully ignorant of the fact that the word "Zork" is a reference to natural language computer technology which revolutionized the gaming world back in the early 80's and made some people very rich.

Talk about foolish actions with embarrassing consequences, eh? Perhaps he needs to take his complaints to a priest or therapist, hopefully not in that order.

And so it goes...

Do you consider Trinidad to be in the Caribbean, as some do?

Please, block me too. I am sick of your insulting everyone that disagrees with you. However, I don't block you because I feel like everyone deserves to be listened to, besides, I need a laugh every now and then. Well "boi", I posted a response to you when I promised my self never again.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:58 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Quote:
Do you consider Trinidad to be in the Caribbean, as some do?

Please, block me too. I am sick of your insulting everyone that disagrees with you. However, I don't block you because I need a laugh every now and then. Well "boi", I posted a response to you when I promised my self never again.
You should stop moping around the place with your butthurt hanging out like that. If you think everyone should agree with everything you say, you're going to have to get used to being told to f*** off once in a while. I don't disagree with everyone. Just the fools.

If you don't know where Trinidad and Tobago is, look it up in Google Maps and read the description of the place.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:03 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
You should stop moping around the place with your butthurt hanging out like that. If you think everyone should agree with everything you say, you're going to have to get used to being told to f*** off once in a while. I don't disagree with everyone. Just the fools.

If you don't know where Trinidad and Tobago is, look it up in Google Maps and read the description of the place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad
Old 09-27-2021, 09:32 PM   #26
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 35
Welcome I will try to follow your blog but most of the German I know comes from Rammstein songs LOL. I am glad there is Google translate. Have fun with the conversion and don't get discouraged
Gorzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #27
Skoolie

Coachwork: -
Chassis: -
Engine: -
Hi all,

....interesting start of this blog!!

So - what EXACTLY did you buy and ship?

I don't think US schoolbus size is of any concern compared to the usual Euro fair - unless it is a superlong bus it fits fine into the 12m-2.2m- 3.8m bracket...

I would be more concerned with TÜV induced restrictions on the build out....
Are you planning on a roof-raise? Slide outs? Bigger tires/wheels??

BTW - for the 2 quarrel birds - there are at LEAST 3 Trinidads around the world!
Trinidad and Tobago are just being the most widely known...

And yes - you might slack a bit and take banter for what it is...

Zork - cool off and maybe moderate your expressions (I am with you ...., but this forum is NOT the place to get exuberant with that kind of language...)...

Also, Zork - it might be logic for Demac to assume that the OP has a license to drive the bus if he is from EU, but you could have reminded him that in the US you don't need a bus license if it is a RV!!

Question to the OP - I assume you will register the bus as a RV when you are finished...

Do you need a bus license for that?? OR will a truck license be enough?

I seem to remember one can take a certain number of passengers before needing the bus license .....but one needs the truck license for the size of the rig...??
thjakits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:54 PM   #28
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thjakits View Post
Zork - cool off and maybe moderate your expressions (I am with you ...., but this forum is NOT the place to get exuberant with that kind of language...)...
Exuberant? LOL! That's a matter of perspective and education. I got mine from the Sisters of Notre Dame, so blame the penguins.

Quote:
Also, Zork - it might be logic for Demac...
You must have missed the part when I mentioned I blocked Demac (and now that harris kid, as he requested). I really don't care what comes out of his facial orifice or keyboard.

You may not need a CDL to drive an RV, but if you are converting a bus and it has air brakes, in most states you will need an endorsement to drive it. That's the case in Mass., for example.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:17 PM   #29
Skoolie

Coachwork: -
Chassis: -
Engine: -
...that's what I understand - you need and "air brake endorsement"...

In a different life I was driving full size trucks around Europe - (when tacho discs were still all the rage!)...

To the OP: What is the idea for the bus? Mostly stationary "Tiny Home"?, Euro Vaccation Machine? Long Distance Travel Machine? Eastern Europe? Russia, China? Northern Africa? ....or forbid and ship back ot the Americas for travel??
thjakits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:25 PM   #30
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
MOST state do not require a CDL for air brakes in an RV.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #31
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Hi all,

I don't think US schoolbus size is of any concern compared to the usual Euro fair - unless it is a superlong bus it fits fine into the 12m-2.2m- 3.8m bracket...

BTW - for the 2 quarrel birds - there are at LEAST 3 Trinidads around the world!

Also, Zork - it might be logic for Demac to assume that the OP has a license to drive the bus if he is from EU, but you could have reminded him that in the US you don't need a bus license if it is a RV!!

Question to the OP - I assume you will register the bus as a RV when you are finished...

I seem to remember one can take a certain number of passengers before needing the bus license .....but one needs the truck license for the size of the rig...??

deleted........changed my mind, I have to go to town... sorry, I don't know how to delete the post entirely.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:39 PM   #32
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
MOST state do not require a CDL for air brakes in an RV.
That's what we said. Endorsement <> CDL.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:52 PM   #33
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorzie View Post
Welcome I will try to follow your blog but most of the German I know comes from Rammstein songs LOL. I am glad there is Google translate. Have fun with the conversion and don't get discouraged

I thank you for your encouraging words and for stopping by on my side. if it says 100% everywhere, that's a good sign 🤣
Superkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:58 PM   #34
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Hi all,

Driving the bus is not a problem. it's a normal truck license and I can take 6 people with me. the bus is then no longer a bus, but a mobile home. an approval of the size is no problem either. but it is on the limit of size. A mobile home cannot be longer in Germany.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:01 PM   #35
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
...that's what I understand - you need and "air brake endorsement"...

In a different life I was driving full size trucks around Europe - (when tacho discs were still all the rage!)...

To the OP: What is the idea for the bus? Mostly stationary "Tiny Home"?, Euro Vaccation Machine? Long Distance Travel Machine? Eastern Europe? Russia, China? Northern Africa? ....or forbid and ship back ot the Americas for travel??
we will only expand for 2 years. after that it is used for 10 years for Europe travel. when we stop working we will take the bus in southern Europe to retire.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:05 PM   #36
Mini-Skoolie

the maximum size is 12 m long, 2.5 m wide and 4 m high. that would officially be the largest mobile home in Germany. if the bus is a little longer, it receives a special permit. no problem either. Best regards
Old 09-28-2021, 10:25 PM   #37
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
Assuming the role of the German Transportation Authority? Misguided.

Surely, Superkraut will drive it. That is the point.

Zork:
Definition,
Trinidadian slang for being misguided or fooled into actions that may lead to somewhat embarassing circumstances. To be screwed over.

Ever been to Trinidad?
I have never even thought of blocking someone so I know little of what actually occurs.

According to this post (later in this thread) apparently Zork can still see "Poor prepubescent boi Demac" posts even after he says he has blocked you.

"Poor prepubescent boi Demac seems to be unhappy that I permanently blocked his sorry behind after he kept motormouthing endlessly and boring me to death in a private thread."

So does blocking someone only block posts that are directly to him, or what am I missing?
Old 09-28-2021, 10:49 PM   #38
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkraut View Post
hello everyone, our names are Sascha and Yildiz and we come from Germany.
We are about to bring our Bluebird All American from America to Germany. Then it should be expanded. Stop by our blog and leave us a greeting. Sascha

www.skoolie.me
The bus looks nice, did you get it at TNT?

I went to your site and tried to leave a greeting at

https://wp.skoolie.me/kontakt/

I was unsuccessful because it insisted that I leave an email which I did not want to do (I don't speak German, so that is just a guess on my part)

Don't they sell school buses in Germany? If I was there I would be wanting a unimog.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:03 PM   #39
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
I have never even thought of blocking someone so I know little of what actually occurs.

According to this post (later in this thread) apparently Zork can still see "Poor prepubescent boi Demac" posts even after he says he has blocked you.

"Poor prepubescent boi Demac seems to be unhappy that I permanently blocked his sorry behind after he kept motormouthing endlessly and boring me to death in a private thread."

So does blocking someone only block posts that are directly to him, or what am I missing?
The only blocking I know of is the ignore list, which you get to by clicking "User CP" and then the "edit ignore list" link. From there you add one or more users, and then any posts of theirs are (for just you) replaced with "This user is on your Ignore List." However, if another user (that you're not ignoring) quotes something from that person, you will still see the quoted post so it doesn't completely erase that person's existence for you.

I occasionally use the ignore list because occasionally people show up whose views are vile and having their comments blanked out keeps this site palatable. Fortunately, they always leave in short order once they realize that they're regularly battling with almost everyone here.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:12 PM   #40
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
The bus looks nice, did you get it at TNT?

I went to your site and tried to leave a greeting at

https://wp.skoolie.me/kontakt/

I was unsuccessful because it insisted that I leave an email which I did not want to do (I don't speak German, so that is just a guess on my part)

Don't they sell school buses in Germany? If I was there I would be wanting a unimog.
I thank you. I have removed the email obligation. if you want you can now leave a greeting without email. Ob this Page.

https://wp.skoolie.me/besuchergruesse/

I would be happy. we bought the bus from Las Vegas Bus Sales. Best regards