Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Wanderlodge FC32
Engine: Cat 3208 NA
Rated Cap: n/a
Send a message via Skype™ to Ernst
Moin, Mirko!

Although the average price for a used bus in the US is a lot lower than in Europe, you should consider the hassle and the cost of transporting a bus to Europe. And then there is a chance that the TÜV doesn't approve the brakes or something like that.

Did you look on Mobile.de? There are often buses for sale. The military ones are the best, they are sold as soon as they are 10 years old. And sometimes they have an extremely low mileage. And buses that are registered in Europe have all the lenses etc. with EU-stamps (no sealed beams!)

We bought a Blue Bird military transit bus from a dealer in the Bonn area. You can read the story on https://sittig.us/index.php?page=skoolie .

Good luck with your search!

Old 06-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Hello, I have a bus for sale. I live in NJ less than an hour away from NYC. The bus is in pretty good condition and I am asking for 2.5K. The idea was to make it into a skoolie but my situation changed. Let me know if you're interested.
Best regards!
AnaSkooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #43
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSkooly View Post
Hello, I have a bus for sale. I live in NJ less than an hour away from NYC. The bus is in pretty good condition and I am asking for 2.5K. The idea was to make it into a skoolie but my situation changed. Let me know if you're interested.
Best regards!
—-/:
I’m very much interested. What year is it? Mileage? How big is the bus? Can I see pictures? Air breaks or hydraulic? Is it a diesel? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dèsirée
Dèsirée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #44
Mini-Skoolie

Hello Desiree,
It is airbrakes, diesel, 2003. I posted it here a few months ago let me see if I can find the post. Anyways, my email is anamaemail@gmail.com, if you send me your email address i can share the pictures with you via google.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:47 PM   #45
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
I just sent her a text, alerting her of your initial post, so hopefully y'all will be able to connect soon.
Sorry about your bereavement.
Quote:
Hello Desiree,
It is airbrakes, diesel, 2003. I posted it here a few months ago let me see if I can find the post. Anyways, my email is anamaemail@gmail.com, if you send me your email address i can share the pictures with you via google.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

here is the link:
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/20...-nj-25591.html
Old 06-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #47
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3700
Engine: IDI 7,3L V8
Quote:
Best regards!
Hello AnaSkooly,

In September I'll be in NYC, if the bus is still in your ownership I would be happy to look at him.

Greetings
Mirko
Stoneage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Moin, Mirko!

Although the average price for a used bus in the US is a lot lower than in Europe, you should consider the hassle and the cost of transporting a bus to Europe. And then there is a chance that the TÜV doesn't approve the brakes or something like that.

Did you look on Mobile.de? There are often buses for sale. The military ones are the best, they are sold as soon as they are 10 years old. And sometimes they have an extremely low mileage. And buses that are registered in Europe have all the lenses etc. with EU-stamps (no sealed beams!)

We bought a Blue Bird military transit bus from a dealer in the Bonn area. You can read the story on https://sittig.us/index.php?page=skoolie .

Good luck with your search!
Hello,
every bus I've seen so far is too expensive, especially for the condition they are.

Greetings
Mirko
Old 06-18-2019, 08:41 AM   #49
Mini-Skoolie

Sure! if you want to see some pictures please send me your email address so that i can share the photo album with you via google. My email is anamaemail@gmail.com
Old 06-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #50
Mini-Skoolie

Maybe you already got my response--i am not very savvy with this. But if you want to see some pictures before hand, send me your email address and i will share the photo album with you via google. My email is anamaemail@gmail.com
Old 06-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #51
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneage View Post
Hello AnaSkooly,

In September I'll be in NYC, if the bus is still in your ownership I would be happy to look at him.

Greetings

Mirko
—-//
Hello Mirko, I just noticed you’re still coming to New York City in search of a bus. Have you established any contacts in New York City?

Also, when you refer to New York City, you’re referring to the island of Manhattan, correct?
Old 06-18-2019, 11:33 PM   #52

Year: 1979
Coachwork: Sheller Globe Corp.
Chassis: International
Engine: DV 550 ( 9 Ltr. Diesel)
Rated Cap: 28
Moin Moin. Ich habe zwei Busse zu verkaufen . In 19258 Neu Gülze. Ruf mal an:
0171 4167 280.
Gruß Ingo
auto-sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #53
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dèsirée View Post
—-//
Hello Mirko, I just noticed you’re still coming to New York City in search of a bus. Have you established any contacts in New York City?
Not yet, I'm still looking for some Dealers there. In any case I want to visit busesforsale.com near Philadelphia.

Quote:
Also, when you refer to New York City, you’re referring to the island of Manhattan, correct?
I'm not only there for looking at a bus, it's my first time in in the USA, mainly I will be a tourist!
Old 06-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #54
Skoolie

Quote:
Not yet, I'm still looking for some Dealers there. In any case I want to visit busesforsale.com near Philadelphia.

I'm not only there for looking at a bus, it's my first time in in the USA, mainly I will be a tourist!
—-//
Well, that makes more sense. Make sure you do plan well, because in NYC I don’t think there are any used bus dealerships. They barely have car dealerships, buses a bit harder to find space for.
Also keep in mind, the better buses will be from the south. Northeast buses have a lot of rust under the carriage and most you won’t even see until you rip out the floor inside the bus.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:54 PM   #55
Skoolie

Mirko I found some groups!

Quote:

—-//
By mere coincidence I found many skoolie groups on Facebook which I had no idea existed.

There’s a a large series of groups, skoolies for sale, buses for sale, converted buses for sale, shuttle buses conversions, and many, many more.

If you go on Facebook and you don’t see them, send me your email address via a PM (private message) from this forum and I will send you an invite. I think you will get some very good and interesting leads.

Dèsirée
Old 06-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #56
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
—-//
By mere coincidence I found many skoolie groups on Facebook which I had no idea existed.

There’s a a large series of groups, skoolies for sale, buses for sale, converted buses for sale, shuttle buses conversions, and many, many more.

If you go on Facebook and you don’t see them, send me your email address via a PM (private message) from this forum and I will send you an invite. I think you will get some very good and interesting leads.

Dèsirée
take everything skoolie related on FB with a grain of salt.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:49 PM   #57
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
take everything skoolie related on FB with a grain of salt.
—-//
Why? There’s a lot of groups, a lot of buses... I have been looking for a bus since February.. and it took me this long to stumble into these groups.

And how ironic, I quit looking for a bus a week ago. Changed course.
And went the other direction.
The RV direction.

After looking at over 50 RVs, 5th wheels, travel trailers and huge motor homes, A & C just in 7 days from 7am until dark outside, I found nothing worth the investment.

Actually, I found one that was worth it. Very well kept, very, very clean. Nice owners, but I would have had to invest $20+ k on a diesel pick up and the fifth wheel did not warrant that.

For that money I could have gone into a Motor Home, but I was very intimidated by the size.

So two days ago I discovered all these groups and yesterday, I quit looking for an RV and now, I’m buying a VW convertible and leaving NY..

Now that I see hundreds and hundreds of conversions and buses, it’s going to take more than a few days to go through all of them. But I can’t do it from here.

So the new beetle it is! It’s a very very clean 2009 with 69k miles.. and very well kept. All service records and well priced. And that should be enough to get me out of here.

The best part, I won’t have to invest the funds of my skoolie into something that I would have not been crazy about.

But yeah... all these months of looking and looking and asking and asking and now I found way, way... way too many!
Old 06-26-2019, 09:08 PM   #58
Bus Geek

Quote:
—-//
Why? There’s a lot of groups, a lot of buses... I have been looking for a bus since February.. and it took me this long to stumble into these groups.

And how ironic, I quit looking for a bus a week ago. Changed course.
And went the other direction.
The RV direction.

After looking at over 50 RVs, 5th wheels, travel trailers and huge motor homes, A & C just in 7 days from 7am until dark outside, I found nothing worth the investment.

Actually, I found one that was worth it. Very well kept, very, very clean. Nice owners, but I would have had to invest $20+ k on a diesel pick up and the fifth wheel did not warrant that.

For that money I could have gone into a Motor Home, but I was very intimidated by the size.

So two days ago I discovered all these groups and yesterday, I quit looking for an RV and now, I’m buying a VW convertible and leaving NY..

Now that I see hundreds and hundreds of conversions and buses, it’s going to take more than a few days to go through all of them. But I can’t do it from here.

So the new beetle it is! It’s a very very clean 2009 with 69k miles.. and very well kept. All service records and well priced. And that should be enough to get me out of here.

The best part, I won’t have to invest the funds of my skoolie into something that I would have not been crazy about.

But yeah... all these months of looking and looking and asking and asking and now I found way, way... way too many!

So when do you need to be living in the used school bus by to avoid homelessness?
Old 06-26-2019, 09:51 PM   #59
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
So when do you need to be living in the used school bus by to avoid homelessness?
—//
When you say, “homelessness” do you mean that in the literal sense, physical sense, emotional or all of the above?

I can always stay in motels and Airbnb until I figure things out.
I just can’t think beyond right now and tomorrow as long as I’m here.

If I find a cute little costal town maybe I can get a little short term
rental and explore.

But at least, I now have bus options. At least, I now see where they are. At least, I now see there’s a light at the end of the tunnel...
And at least, I now see that light, starting to look very bright!
Old 06-27-2019, 05:47 AM   #60
Bus Geek

Quote:
—//
When you say, “homelessness” do you mean that in the literal sense, physical sense, emotional or all of the above?

I can always stay in motels and Airbnb until I figure things out.
I just can’t think beyond right now and tomorrow as long as I’m here.

If I find a cute little costal town maybe I can get a little short term
rental and explore.

But at least, I now have bus options. At least, I now see where they are. At least, I now see there’s a light at the end of the tunnel...
And at least, I now see that light, starting to look very bright!
Sounds much more realistic than your thread where you said you needed a used school bus by next week or month to avoid being homeless.