Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2019, 09:12 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 35
Hello from Holstein Iowa.

Hello, I'm new to the forum as a member. I looked through the forum for a month or so, and then this bus came up that made me really think about a build.
I had told a friend who is an IH collector about a travelall on copart and he told me a scout was on CL, so I did a search for International and a short bus showed up and it had a very cryptic, less than 10 word ad. I bit, emailed him and it was the son selling for the dad. I called the dad and then went to see it a few days later. I had been told it was a 7.3 with drum brakes and no turbo and 350k on it. In reality it was a DT360, and had disc brakes. 280k. Great rear tires, a hitch and generally overall good condition.
I bought it, $2200, and went to get it Monday. It was slow!, felt fuel starved. Well, it must have been sitting for a while, the lift pump started to leak fuel into the oil and the pressure dropped to under 20. When it hit 10 I was already going easy on it keeping the revs down. I was able to get it to a diesel shop pretty quick and hope that the lower end is alright. Total distance was 18 miles, maybe half of it after the pressure started to drop.
The owner told me that if it's a major problem, I can bring it back. I'm hoping it's not, because the shorty buses seem to be hard to find. We never really wanted a medium or big bus. I have all the camping bits for the build from an rv I'm cutting up.
Glad I found this site!

Evil Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:26 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Good luck on your engine issues, and post up pics of it when you get the chance...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Me
Chassis: 2001 IC
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72
welcome

Welcome to the forum. These guys have helped me so many times throughout our bus build. I wouldn't have been able to do it without heir knowledge. Good luck with your bus and welcome to bus life.

www.skoolieadventures.com
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote