Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #1

Hello from Maine

I just wanted to say a quick hello and thanks to everyone here for building such a great place full of knowledge and mutual respect. I've been trolling around here for quite awhile and to be honest I have NO idea why I didn't join before.

(1) To point out the obvious. I'm in Maine.

(2) No bus right now, but my future intention is to convert a "short" but in to a vacation on wheels. From what I've learned here I have a great idea of what kind I want as well as the plus and minus. As we all know though, what you want isn't always what you get, so I'm keeping my eyes open on most of the major auction sites as well as local stuff.

(3) I want my kids (3) ages 4-13 to experience life like I was able to when I was young with my self proclaimed "left over hippy" mother. We traveled from coast to coast and even jumped over to Hawaii for a year. I'm sure that the bus won't take us over to Hawaii, but ya' never know.

(4) As much as I've learned here I know that I still have a lot more to learn and I'm honest enough to say that "I don't know what I don't know yet." On that note I'll be asking a lot of questions as I dive deeper into my quest and I'd like to thank you all in advance for all the information and help you've already provided here and will be providing.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Bill
AA
All The Way

FatherBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2010
Coachwork: Coach & Equipment MFG
Chassis: ford E350 superduty
Engine: 5.4 liter v8
Rated Cap: 7 passenger
welcome!
whereabouts in Maine? (I'm in New Gloucester)
Old 03-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeggs View Post
welcome!
whereabouts in Maine? (I'm in New Gloucester)

Thanks.
We're not far from each other. I'm right up in Auburn.

Bill
FatherBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #4

So many new ideas running through my head now. I've read this novel of a forum (and have so much more to read) and have found so many new ways of doing what I was planning I feel as if every idea I had has been changed in say way or another. All for the better.

It's impressive some of the things people have accomplished with their builds. My wife haz been on the forum checking things out and every time I turn around she has another idea or has solved a problem I didn't even know we had. Needless to say, she loves this forum as much as I do.

Thanks again to everyone for all the had work your doing here and on your builds. Your helping a lot of people without even knowing your doing so. Me, my wife and the kids appreciate it.

Bill