Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2018, 08:33 PM   #1

Hello From Massachusetts!

Hey Guys! My name is Tasha, and I'm about to purchase a six window '92 international school bus. I've lived in and out of cars, vans, campers, etc...but this is gonna be my permanent home! (at least for more than a year or two)

I'm really excited to work on this bus, and I've already started learning a lot of the process. I've got my subfloor and wall framing all figured out. Now I'm learning about hooking up solar and doing some VERY simple plumbing and my head is starting to spin.

How did/do you guys run your plumbing through your walls? Haven't seen a video yet where they have it and I'm a little confused. Planning on mounting a 40gallon tank underneath for shower/sink water, just not sure HOW exactly. I'm sure more questions to come, but for now, Hello!

lilythebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome to the site. I am actually getting ready to run plumbing in my bus and unsure how to route it right now.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:52 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
Welcome to the site. I am actually getting ready to run plumbing in my bus and unsure how to route it right now.
I have read that a lot of people do plumbing below electrical and that they use PEX instead of copper. That's as far as I've gotten. I have seen some photos with PEX along the outside wall before the walls are installed.

There are plumbing how to's on this site but I haven't read them yet. I suggest starting there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk