Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #1

Year: 2002
Engine: cummings
Smile hello from Michigan!!!

Hey Everyone!!!!

My husband and I purchased a 2002 Thomas build school bus that has 131,000 with a Cummings engine. we are super excited to build out our bus for a camper and who knows maybe end up living in it and traveling once we retire..... we have a long way to go before we can even camp! we are also hoping to share our journey along the way and also follow some of yours!!!

I do have a couple of questions if some one would like to direct me in the right direction.

what are some of the options of fixing the holes in the floor? some small holes from the bolts from the seats but then bigger ones from the wonderful salt from our winters? especially around the wheel wells?

and next I heard you should use a rust inhibitor of some sort before then painting the floor with rustoleum paint?

p.s. we have already removed our seats and the flooring ( which to say the least I think we had a few moments of thoughts of "what did we get ourselves into?" lol ) and we are now getting ready to take down the ceiling and the side panels.

thank you so much in advance!!!!

Kabam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:57 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome to the site!
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus conversion, michigan, new build, skoolie life