Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2015, 06:56 PM   #61
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,173
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolie_n00bie View Post
That posting says "8 days ago", and I've been using a couple of sites that search all of CL at once. This did not come up.

I must know what sorcery you guys use to find these listings!!!!
This wouldn't be a mechanical engine, correct?
Thanks btw ;)
The mechanical buses pop up, but so much less as they are older. I jumped when my bus became available!
just keep lookin!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #62
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolie_n00bie View Post
That posting says "8 days ago", and I've been using a couple of sites that search all of CL at once. This did not come up.

I must know what sorcery you guys use to find these listings!!!!
This wouldn't be a mechanical engine, correct?
Thanks btw ;)
umm well to be honest Searchtempest does have limits it is not always up to date.... and I live in Maine. So no sorcery involved...here....

There is quite a few on CL from that guy right now (Maine CL)...that 1 looked good though. I am unsure about the gearing on it... someone speak up about a 5.38 gears speed capability please!
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #63
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,173
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I doubt he's going to Maine, he said Ga was too far.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #64
Skoolie
 
MuddaEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 214
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolie_n00bie View Post
Yep.... it looks more and more I'll have to fork out extra $$$ for yearly storage. On another note, wife is actually pretty excited about a bus! Thought I was going to get the laser eyes stare, but no, she actually had ideas !
It's great to have her on board, and to know she has ideas in mind also......I hope you find a bus that is perfect for you!!
__________________
“If you want to teach people a new way of thinking, don't bother trying to teach them. Instead, give them a tool, the use of which will lead to new ways of thinking.”
― Buckminster Fuller
MuddaEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #65
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I doubt he's going to Maine, he said Ga was too far.
Yep! But i am contemplating going to GA....
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #66
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddaEarth View Post
It's great to have her on board, and to know she has ideas in mind also......I hope you find a bus that is perfect for you!!
Thank you!
Been looking for a while now....I sure wish I had put that bid down in December.....
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:15 PM   #67
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,173
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
There will be plenty more, don't worry. But yeah that was a SWEET bus and a good deal. Well at least you know what you're looking for and have the approval of your other half. Enjoy the hunt.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #68
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,173
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Here's one not too far away, its a re-list, so it can probably be had for cheap. http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...=89&acctid=115

Only has 97k and is mechanical.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:35 PM   #69
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
No no no .....HOW COOL IS THIS!!!!
http://m.ebay.com/itm/161557807189?nav=SEARCH
Please someone tell me there is something wrong with this....otherwise, HANDS OFF, I'm bidding! :P
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #70
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,173
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
That's a cool bus. How much headroom?
You know that its gas not diesel, and its longer. I think its a 40 footer.
I like the classic buses. They aren't as practical, in my opinion, but I'm always a fan of old stuff.
Vintage usually means a bigger project and more money. Go look at it since its in driving distance. Check the condition of the underside, the rubber, etc.
Good luck, man. It is a cool bus, I wonder what the reserve is.
If it gets too picey then I'd look around. There are a few good deals going rt now on some classic iron...
I think if I were gonna spend more than 4 or 5 grand on a bus, I'd go for a clean 70's or 80's MCI or something similar. Those things float down the highway and will haul ass!
This is just opinion, though. You asked for it, you got it!
I'm tempted to go look at it just for the hell of it. I'm very curious to see what it sells for. One of these completely restored and converted has been listed for the last year for well over 100 grand.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #71
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
That's a cool bus. How much headroom?
You know that its gas not diesel, and its longer. I think its a 40 footer.
I like the classic buses. They aren't as practical, in my opinion, but I'm always a fan of old stuff.
Vintage usually means a bigger project and more money. Go look at it since its in driving distance. Check the condition of the underside, the rubber, etc.
Good luck, man. It is a cool bus, I wonder what the reserve is.
If it gets too picey then I'd look around. There are a few good deals going rt now on some classic iron...
I think if I were gonna spend more than 4 or 5 grand on a bus, I'd go for a clean 70's or 80's MCI or something similar. Those things float down the highway and will haul ass!
This is just opinion, though. You asked for it, you got it!
I'm tempted to go look at it just for the hell of it. I'm very curious to see what it sells for. One of these completely restored and converted has been listed for the last year for well over 100 grand.
Yeah, I ate my words 5 seconds after I posted it thinking of how much it would be to get any work done on it....it is a beauty, though

I HAVE A FEVER, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE ONLY CURE IS....?
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 PM   #72
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
That escalated quickly! Already north of $4K!
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #73
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
There will be plenty more, don't worry. But yeah that was a SWEET bus and a good deal. Well at least you know what you're looking for and have the approval of your other half. Enjoy the hunt.
The hunt might be over....Going to see a bus this weekend with the girls...
I'll keep you you guys posted!!
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:06 PM   #74
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
Well, that was a bust of sort.
The guy wants $4500 minimum, and I believe you'd call the bus a "rust bucket" -_-
Then he goes "I have another one in better shape"
Granted, it was in better shape, but the guy wanted $6K!
I said "thank you, but no thank you" -_-
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:59 PM   #75
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winlcok, WA
Posts: 2,230
For $6,000 you could purchase one of the 1991 Thomas RE's we have for sale and drive it across the country.

Two of them have engines with less than 20K miles.

http://showroom.auction123.com/thebu...8M1777486.html

The have quite a bit of green/black slime on the roofs but no rust.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #76
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,173
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
For $6,000 you could purchase one of the 1991 Thomas RE's we have for sale and drive it across the country.

Two of them have engines with less than 20K miles.

http://showroom.auction123.com/thebu...8M1777486.html

The have quite a bit of green/black slime on the roofs but no rust.
I'd have bought a bus from you if I were on your side of the continent.
Cowlitz knows his buses.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #77
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
Rust buckets aside, WE FOUND ONE!!!!!
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4849587373.html
I know in my original post I said I was looking for something totally different, but you know what? The bus is super clean, virtually no rust, and it runs like a champ!
Hopefully we'll pick it up tomorrow!!!!!
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #78
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,173
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Nice size bus for a weekend warrior.
Enjoy!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:28 AM   #79
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: southwest lowsyana
Posts: 542
Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
just like my bus, except shorter.
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:50 AM   #80
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,173
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolie_n00bie View Post
Rust buckets aside, WE FOUND ONE!!!!!
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4849587373.html
I know in my original post I said I was looking for something totally different, but you know what? The bus is super clean, virtually no rust, and it runs like a champ!
Hopefully we'll pick it up tomorrow!!!!!
I set out looking for something a bit different than what I got too. That's why I try to tell folks to be pretty open minded.
Personally, I'd have bought something similar to yours if I weren't going to try living in it full time. Short conventional is my favorite. Lighter, best ground clearance, easiest to work on, they have many pro's and the only con is they are shorter.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×