Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2021, 11:36 AM   #1

Hello from NJ

My wife and I just purchased a 2004 International full size bus for a conversion.
We plan on converting to an RV and moving our family to TX.

We live in a area with a HOA and a bunch of bored neighbors, so on day 1 we had to have a conversation with law enforcement which resulted in nothing but me moving the bus to another unused vacant parking area. LOL Anybody have an experience similar?

Oh and is there anybody here currently in NJ.
We are in Lindenwold/Clementon area.

Barclay_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:26 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Hi, welcome to the site! I live in Philly, and I was actually looking at some property in Lindenwold a year or two ago. The property was basically a sinkhole for sale - my biggest concern was whether or not it was done sinking.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:43 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE200
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 27,500
Welcome to the forum.

I live near Lake Hopatcong. I live in a lake community but, fortunately it's very old and every other house has a boat or RV or other such thing sitting in its driveway although right now my bus is sitting on a friend's farm.

We need to see pictures of your bus.
Oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:38 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I can only imagine the headaches that come with a skoolie in an HOA.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
Hi, welcome to the site! I live in Philly, and I was actually looking at some property in Lindenwold a year or two ago. The property was basically a sinkhole for sale - my biggest concern was whether or not it was done sinking.
ROFL That's hilarious.
Barclay_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:37 AM   #6

Welcome from another newbie. That HOA thing sounds terrible, hopefully you can get them on board with your project and they won’t hassle you much.
wecanfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:50 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Welcome I am in Woodbridge and my bus gets parked in New Egypt. Been looking for somewhere closer to park it that is safe. Good luck with the HOA. Update us with pictures
Chopperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:05 PM   #8

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird Corp
Chassis: GM B Series
Engine: CAT 3126
Hey there! Fellow New Jerseyan here. Near where the Jersey Shore begins in Central NJ (Sandy Hook area) Sorry to hear about your troubles. Cheers to being the most densely populated state in the union! I was able to keep my skoolie at one of the lots of the RV company I work for but after we moved I wanted to keep it closer to my home. It's extremely difficult to find somewhere if you don't know someone if you want to work on the bus mostly due to the liability on the land owners part. I was hellbent on finding somewhere for my bus close to home so I contacted/went to every Winter Boat storage lot I could find before the boats started moving in this fall. I found a very nice lot owner who let's me come and go as I please as long as I abide by township quiet hours.

Looking forward to getting to know you folks. Let me know if you need help sourcing supplies, weird parts, etc. Lot's of RV stuff is still on back order and hard to get like most manufactured items around the globe.
D_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote