Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #1

Year: 1985
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: International DT466
Hello from Pennsylvania! Check out my skoolie!

Hello!

My name is Aaron, I'm 26 years old and I have a 1984 38' Carpenter bus with an International DT466 engine and a manual trans. I got this bus 4 years ago in Vermont for 4 thousand dollars...took a road trip with a few friends and went straight there and back with a total of 24 hours of driving time. It was an interesting experience since I got it on January 2nd meaning it was literally freezing. I'm just glad I wore my Under Armour suit! Sadly, the bus has been sitting at a friend's house for the past four years and I haven't really done anything with it other than stripping some of the interior. It's already been converted to an RV but it's an old conversion being done in the early 90's. Despite my lack of doing anything with the bus I am looking to spending more time with it this fall and next spring. My parents and friends always tell me to sell it but I refuse. Every time I see this thing my insides light up and I envision myself cruising in a super sweet mobile home! Any words or advice would be appreciated... I have a floor plan already. I am not too great with wiring and am going to be researching that mainly first.

Check the pics! The pics are from when I first got it...they're not the greatest and it looks about the same now except a lot of the interior was stripped to do a restoration.

I'm glad to be here! I've been lurking for years but am excited to communicate with the other skoolies out here.

RVskooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #2

Year: 1985
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: International DT466
https://goo.gl/photos/q9NsMWtUaxnYoV4y9

Hope this link works...picture link to google photos didn't appear in original post.
RVskooler is offline   Reply With Quote