Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2021, 11:38 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

North Carolina

Welcome to the forum. I am a skoolie dreamer at the moment.
Will be following your posts.

Greensboro,NC

Broachbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:15 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 66
Jolly Roger, you sound like you're nearly my age lol. Pinelander, I have a class A license from my time working for Pepsi. Good advice on the maintenance. I also need to find a good diesel mechanic around here.
fartyowls218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:18 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailtechie View Post
Hi, So glad to see so many skoolies near me.

I am still plotting and planning my way for my next journey. While recovering. This group has helped me understand more than I could have asked at first. Still not sure where God will lead me. But, I think I am on the right path as long as I stay healthy. No surgeries for 2020!! Woo Hoo!

Would love to meet up and learn if you are willing! Maybe even help if I can.
No surgeries sounds like a fantastic goal. I wish you the best of wishes hoping that's the case. I'm actually sitting in the Fuquay Walmart parking lot as I'm thumbing this message out.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:07 AM   #24

Year: 2003
Engine: 8.3L Cummins
Welcome from Durham!
We are still gathering information. Hoping to purchase this Spring.
Kat_Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Our business investment partners are in Raleigh and have a warehouse in Burlington. We used to visit Raleigh pretty often, and loved staying downtown at the Raleigh hotel. We aren't making the trips there like we used to, but if we end up back East in a bus we're going to look all you NC folks up!
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:20 AM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Too funny! Sorry I missed you there. Have fun on your adventure. I will be following you.
nailtechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Would love to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
Our business investment partners are in Raleigh and have a warehouse in Burlington. We used to visit Raleigh pretty often, and loved staying downtown at the Raleigh hotel. We aren't making the trips there like we used to, but if we end up back East in a bus we're going to look all you NC folks up!
I hope it is soon. I would love to meet you.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #28

Hello fellow "Skooligan" and North Carolinian! I'm in Harnett County. I bought my 95 International 3800 T444e back in September and have been working steadily on the conversion. Not sure "done" is a word I'll ever use in this adventure. I've learned a lot and am already enjoying galavanting. I often go to downtown Raleigh to visit with the kids and we have our first real trip planned for Memorial Day. Good luck to you and look forward to unbelievable personal freedom! Now, off to research resetting my dash dip switches I inadvertently set to 0.
CQLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:09 PM   #29
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks to all for the greetings. Hope to see all of you down the road at some point. Good luck to everyone.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:12 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailtechie View Post
Too funny! Sorry I missed you there. Have fun on your adventure. I will be following you.
I'm sure we'll cross paths. I live between garner and fuquay. Kind of a Bermuda triangle of Garner, Fuquay and Apex where I am, yet my address is Raleigh. Go figure.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQLife View Post
Hello fellow "Skooligan" and North Carolinian! I'm in Harnett County. I bought my 95 International 3800 T444e back in September and have been working steadily on the conversion. Not sure "done" is a word I'll ever use in this adventure. I've learned a lot and am already enjoying galavanting. I often go to downtown Raleigh to visit with the kids and we have our first real trip planned for Memorial Day. Good luck to you and look forward to unbelievable personal freedom! Now, off to research resetting my dash dip switches I inadvertently set to 0.
I tried contacting Harnett County to look at one of their buses last month. They never returned my call or acknowledged my email. Johnston County did, so that's where I got our bus. Skooligan. I really like that.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:52 PM   #32
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Freightliner
Chassis: FS65
Engine: 7.2L IL6 (3126)
Rated Cap: 44
Welcome from Sanford. We're hoping to buy our bus in the next month. Enjoy the adventure in front of you!
Rbru8030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 10:30 PM   #33
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartyowls218 View Post
No surgeries sounds like a fantastic goal. I wish you the best of wishes hoping that's the case. I'm actually sitting in the Fuquay Walmart parking lot as I'm thumbing this message out.
I wish I had seen this earlier. Especially if you had your rig with you. Would love to be nosy. Take care
Old 05-23-2022, 06:46 PM   #34

Need Help in Fayetteville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinelander2020 View Post
Welcome from Fayetteville NC.
I have the same Thomas and Allison. Its a very good bus...just make sure to change all the oil, fluid and filter plus take a CDL class and get the CDL license...it will help you down the road.
Regards
Skoolie
Pinelander2020- we have a 2002 bluebird cummins/allison that just broke a fuel injection rod and triggered a high oil temp light. We’re stranded in Fayetteville for the time being, the firehouse has been kind and allowed us parking with a plug in. Any advice on mechanics would be worth the world to us right now. We came from Georgia and are just trying to make in to Richmond Va. We have our pets with us so it obviously all gets a little tricky but if you can point us in the right direction we would owe you one.
Mollymolasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 01:14 PM   #35
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
molly i responded to your original thread with a 24/7 mobile mechanic number for advanced maitenance.
did you get back on the road?
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 02:55 PM   #36

Did get back onto the road, got very lucky and a shop of guys who worked on big rigs were able to help us out. Thank you for your reply though 🙏🏻 We made it to Richmond Va and ran into another problem that I just made a post about, some sort of power issue I cant seem to find many details on.
Mollymolasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #37
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
it would actually help us to help you if you filled out your profile for what you have.
you wont always find the old boys or good boys garage when you are in a bind.
hard to answer a fuel line problem without knowing what you have.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote