Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #1

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International 3000
Engine: Dt530
Rated Cap: 84
Exclamation Hello From Resonance, Our New Home.

For posterity we introduce, Resonance, our new to us -2000 Amtran International 3000 with a DT530...
Did I say that right???
We have no prior knowledge of a diesel bus.
Until a few days ago we we a traveling family of 3 with a dog in a 27ft rv. Then our driveshaft fell out in the middle of the night, in the pouring rain on the side of a freeway...
And as bad as that sounds,
Spirit always has our best interest at heart and has gifted is a beautiful new home.
She was purchased from southern Arizona with only one other owner of the title, the school district, for $3500.
Drove it from the property, put a 90 day trip permit on it and typed in school bus conversion into Google ,Where we found skoolie.net, an amazing resource for our newbie questions.
Now,
We have moved everything from the RV into the bus within the last three days, ripped out enough seats to put our bed and couch and lucky enough we already had a wood stove in the RV so we ran the pipe through the emergency exit for the time being .
We have plans to build out our home with all of our needs met and hope to meet some of you along the way. We plan to take lots of pics and ask lots of questions and go lots of places while doing all healing we have to do on this planet. Thanks for this forum and community.
Cheers from resonance.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:18 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeTdriver View Post
For posterity we introduce, Resonance, our new to us -2000 Amtran International 3000 with a DT530...
Did I say that right???
We have no prior knowledge of a diesel bus.
Until a few days ago we we a traveling family of 3 with a dog in a 27ft rv. Then our driveshaft fell out in the middle of the night, in the pouring rain on the side of a freeway...
And as bad as that sounds,
Spirit always has our best interest at heart and has gifted is a beautiful new home.
She was purchased from southern Arizona with only one other owner of the title, the school district, for $3500.
Drove it from the property, put a 90 day trip permit on it and typed in school bus conversion into Google ,Where we found skoolie.net, an amazing resource for our newbie questions.
Now,
We have moved everything from the RV into the bus within the last three days, ripped out enough seats to put our bed and couch and lucky enough we already had a wood stove in the RV so we ran the pipe through the emergency exit for the time being .
We have plans to build out our home with all of our needs met and hope to meet some of you along the way. We plan to take lots of pics and ask lots of questions and go lots of places while doing all healing we have to do on this planet. Thanks for this forum and community.
Cheers from resonance.
Welcome!
Hey one question though- what will you do when you get a mechanical problem with the bus?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome to the mad house....
Looking forward to some pics of this rig

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Welcome! That bus sounds like a beast, can't wait to see pics.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #5

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3000
Engine: Dt530
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Welcome!
Hey one question though- what will you do when you get a mechanical problem with the bus?
Well I would suppose I get a crash course in diesel mechanics. I found this resource and I'm pretty competent and confident that the machine was built by humans and I'm a human! I guess if I can't fix it myself I'll find an honest mechanic to teach me!

Tags
dt530, international, new member