Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #1

Hello From Salt Lake, future full timer

Hello All,
I don't think I have introduced myself yet. I live near Salt Lake and don't have a bus, yet. Saving up for the project. I have no clue how to do pretty much anything required to undertake this project, but I figure I am as capable as the next person...I hope. Look for a mid-sized bus, preferable flat nosed, hoping to be able to go as solar as possible when it comes to electrical, compost toilet, small shower and as simple as humanly possible. I am looking to live full time in the bus while I go through nursing school, and after I've finished as well for a couple of years while I work as a travel nurse. Looking forward to learning & doing as I move through this project.
-Polly

pacrookston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrookston View Post
Hello All,
I don't think I have introduced myself yet. I live near Salt Lake and don't have a bus, yet. Saving up for the project. I have no clue how to do pretty much anything required to undertake this project, but I figure I am as capable as the next person...I hope. Look for a mid-sized bus, preferable flat nosed, hoping to be able to go as solar as possible when it comes to electrical, compost toilet, small shower and as simple as humanly possible. I am looking to live full time in the bus while I go through nursing school, and after I've finished as well for a couple of years while I work as a travel nurse. Looking forward to learning & doing as I move through this project.
-Polly
Hi Polly

Welcome!

If you've never driven anything with the turning axle BEHIND the driver.... it's quite the experience, to say the least

there is definitely a "learning curve!
add to that you can pull up behind someone at a stop sign and have them about 2 feet from your front bumper which is about 3 feet from your feet!
Old 07-11-2015, 10:24 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
A Big Skoolie Welcome --- take your time, read up and concentrate on what kind of unit will fit your personal needs. Tons of good info here. No such thing as "one size fits all" and plenty of room for creativity.

Best of luck on your hunt.

PS...my 1946 Shorty came from your neighborhood. Mystic Springs near Monroe, UT.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote