Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2021, 05:25 PM   #1

Hello from Southern Utah

I'm new to the forum and the current version of bus/van life. I bought a '75 Chevy van when I returned from Germany (USAF) in '77 but never got to finish that van. Life, collage, work, family, moving around and getting old all interfered with my plans for another project. So NOW I'm retired for a few years, no mortgage, one truck payment, time on my hands and my wife's blessing so I'm starting over. I've been trolling the 'net, watching YT videos and even got a Instagram account to get ideas. I'm currently looking for a shuttle bus to convert so I hope to pick up some solid build info and maybe some recommendations about buses to look for. My primary requirements are a co-pilot seat/door, 6'4" clearance and no rust. We prefer a 4 to 5 window, gas powered automatic without ADA access doors. Thanks for being here and I look forward to conversing with some of you in the future.

mudshark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:30 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Chassis: Ford E450
Welcome! I have a '99 6 window El Dorado shuttle bus on a gas E450 Chassis, 16 feet clear behind the driver. We left the floors and walls intact and built from there inwards. Ceiling height is fantastic.

Graywater tank installation is a bear. Not sure you'll find one without ADA features.

The lower the mileage the better, but I bet you already know that.
Rucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome. I have found a couple buses with co-pilot seats and no ADA doors but they were both much longer than I want to deal with. I know our bus is out there. I just need to keep looking. RE: graywater tank. Not sure I'm going that route. We're planning on shorter road trips not 24/7/365 living so I think we'll be able to get buy with a portable tank under the sink. At least that's the plan today.
mudshark99 is offline   Reply With Quote