Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #1

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 71
Hello from SW Washington State

We got her!! Been looking for awhile,... ended up getting her from my old school district, a mile down the road. Not going full-blown live-in conversion,... more like a hunting/fishing cabin on wheels. Everybody, meet Large Marge!!Click image for larger version

Name:	large marge.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	22468

vanblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Pe Ell, Willapa Valley, Raymond, or South Bend?

All four take pretty good care of their buses. The biggest issue isn't such an issue with 13-year life cycles on WA state school buses. In the old days when a Type 'D' had a 20-year life cycle the buses from down in Pacific and Grays Harbor counties rusted from the inside out. All of the dampness they experienced all winter long never really dried out over the summer.

High roof option with tinted glass are nice upgrades.

I hope Large Marge will be a good bus for you.

Good luck and happy trails to you!
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:05 PM   #3

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 71
Willapa Valley....Go Vikes!! Haven't found any rust to speak of on the inside,..yet! I haven't ripped the floor up, so, we will see!! I have found a TON of candy wrappers, and about three bucks in change, though!!
vanblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:46 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanblad View Post
Willapa Valley....Go Vikes!! Haven't found any rust to speak of on the inside,..yet! I haven't ripped the floor up, so, we will see!! I have found a TON of candy wrappers, and about three bucks in change, though!!
Surprised on the low amount of change found.

Not surprised on the amount of candy wrappers.

Your bus isn't old enough yet to be having interior rust issues.

It wasn't so very long ago that school districts, particularly the smaller districts with low assessed values and no industry, had to hang onto their buses long past their 20-year life cycle. Even Crowns and Gilligs got to looking pretty scruffy when they were entering into the third and fourth decade of service.

The last time I was by the Willapa Valley bus garage I saw they had a nifty new pole barn under which the whole fleet was able to live. That is bound to keep their buses looking better longer and it will really help with the interior damp issues. It isn't a heated garage but out of the weather can really help.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote