Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Crown by Carpenter
Chassis: Spartan
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Hello from Texas

Hello all, This is a most amazing site. You people are so informative and giving of your time and knowledge. It's quite impressive. So thank you in advance for the help and also all that I have already gotten from prior posts!!!

I have been looking for the perfect bus for my wife and I. We are both RN's and are going to do the travel working thing. Plan is to travel the whole country so lots driving in all types of weather and such. I have owned a Class A RV in the past. It was a FE gas type so I know I would like to go with a RE diesel this time. I have been looking at diiferent websites, Govdeals, publicsurplus, ebay, craigslist, & FB marketplace. We live in the Dallas/Ft Worth suburbs. Not finding much in my area. I have tried to email a few schools and contracting school bus companies directly with no responses. If anyone has any ideas or is in this area that could give some guidance it would be a blessing. I am not in any hurry. We are not looking to start traveling for several years so any help would be appreciated.

RLVmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome,

We have quite a few members here from the Lone Star State. You are in good company.

I like your choice of a rear engine bus I may be a little biased though...
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Doesn't look those texans are on here very often.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLVmann View Post
Doesn't look those texans are on here very often.
"hello from texas" appears often. Put that into the search bar!

I had a bus from Cleveland TX. The skoolie crowd in TX are FRIENDLY. My old bus I sold is now living in Del Rio and Don aka Tango is sort of the grandmaster of skoolie. He's in Houston.
OldFart is also in the Houston area. He's got no bus currently but he's a hell of a nice guy. Even gave my buddy a ride to get my bus.
Just gotta become an active member of the forum to get to know folks.

The most awesome buses to pop up in a long time are ending today on Public Surplus. They're in Peoria AZ, IIRC.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks. No worries. Not in huge hurry. I'll definitely be posting more and asking when I find anything.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Thanks. No worries. Not in huge hurry. I'll definitely be posting more and asking when I find anything.
Some amazing buses with NO interest in them right now. GovDeals and Public Surplus!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84lug
Talking

Quote:
Hello all, This is a most amazing site. You people are so informative and giving of your time and knowledge. It's quite impressive. So thank you in advance for the help and also all that I have already gotten from prior posts!!!

I have been looking for the perfect bus for my wife and I. We are both RN's and are going to do the travel working thing. Plan is to travel the whole country so lots driving in all types of weather and such. I have owned a Class A RV in the past. It was a FE gas type so I know I would like to go with a RE diesel this time. I have been looking at diiferent websites, Govdeals, publicsurplus, ebay, craigslist, & FB marketplace. We live in the Dallas/Ft Worth suburbs. Not finding much in my area. I have tried to email a few schools and contracting school bus companies directly with no responses. If anyone has any ideas or is in this area that could give some guidance it would be a blessing. I am not in any hurry. We are not looking to start traveling for several years so any help would be appreciated.
Awesome! Good luck as you begin your process. All the help you might need right here in one place.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:37 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Good luck on the search for the right rig! Greetings!
TravelingTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

I saw those. I even looked price for a flight out there. So did anyone on this forum end up with them?