Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #1

Year: 2001
Coachwork: International
Engine: International 7.3 T444E
Rated Cap: 73
Hello from The Mountain State...please allow me to introduce myself

I'm Travis, and live in Southeastern West Virginia. 43 y/o teacher and Adventure Tourism Proprietor. Have wanted a skoolie for years. Brother and I almost bought one 10 years ago, but didnt. 2 weeks ago, we had a dozen fellow riders (we do guided motorcycle tours) visit us from Florida. They had recently purchased a bus and converted it to a cargo ship called The Factory of Sadness. After hauling all their bikes and gear nearly 1000 miles, from South Florida to our mountain, the bus simply refused to leave us. As soon as the front tires left our driveway and touched the pavement, she shut down and refused to budge. The owners made arrangements to get home, and offered to sell us the bus. So we bought it. New tires and batteries, recently serviced, central air, a 5k watt genny, class 5 hitch installed, with a hitch hauler, 2 new futons up front and a partition installed 8 ft behind the barriers. I've visited Skoolie.net many times, but this is my first visit as a bus owner. Haven't had the opportunity to work on The Grinebago yet, but downloaded a service manual and diagnostics manual. Excited to get this electrical gremlin sorted so we can start burning diesel. Happy to be here!
-Trav

Grinebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:06 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Welcome Travis

That's pretty good to get a freshly worked over bus. I like that you're willing to take a gamble.

There are several combo flatbed buses on this site. Is that what you've got? We like pictures. It would be good if you could list you bus specifications so people know how to help you. Sounds like a fun project.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Welcome Travis

That's pretty good to get a freshly worked over bus. I like that you're willing to take a gamble.

There are several combo flatbed buses on this site. Is that what you've got? We like pictures. It would be good if you could list you bus specifications so people know how to help you. Sounds like a fun project.
Thank you! It was a slight gamble but the ECM checked good and our gut tells us it is something minor.

Didnt want to make my initial post about the electrical problem, so I left out the specs and details. I did post in more detail over at the electrical forum.

Its not a flatbed, the guys had simply installed a partition near the front and used the back for payload. We are off road guys, and dirtbikes fit easily thru the rear door. They hauled 8 or 9 bikes in it...we will only haul a couple at a time. So will move the partition to the rear, shortening the payload area and creating more living space up front. Will post some pics when i log on with my phone. Thanks again!
Old 06-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Welcome Travis

here's a link to the post i put in the electrical forum. Includes some info about the bus and whats going on. Its a 2001 INT with a INT 7.3 T444E. Thanks!

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f49/20...wer-18174.html
Old 06-14-2017, 01:17 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
So you'll have a garage in the back. Me too, but I have a lift and side door at the rear for loading. I don't like hauling bikes and things on an open trailer.

Yes, it sounds like you've got a simple electrical issue. That should mostly just give you headaches figuring it out. Sounds like you got a nice deal, and to think they brought it to you. That bus wanted to stay with you.