Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2021, 03:15 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International S-Series
Engine: Navistar 7.3l Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 53
Hello from the Show-Me State!

Greetings all you fellow new-skoolie owners! We are picking up our new (to us) skoolie in a week and are so excited about the possibilities!

Just wanted to say HI and get a thread out there - we are currently looking into insurance, registration and driver's license requirements in Missouri, which have not been very clear to this point!

I'm going to post in the "registration...& money-stuff" area to see if there are any folks out there in MO that have "been-there-done-that" and might provide us with a little bit of guidance as we embark on this new adventure!

Looking forward to being a part of this community -
ScottyP/NatMarie

ScottyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: F33695
Engine: 427 chevy converted to 466
Rated Cap: 84
Welcome, a wealth of knowledge here. What part of the show me state, I am in Fulton. sportyrick ps have you filled out all information we need to identify and help you?
sportyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:51 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I think so - just updated my profile a bit, so I hope that helps. We are in the STL area.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:34 PM   #4

Smile

We are from the Show-Me State also in the SW corner getting ready to start our journey as well. We are currently searching the auctions to find one. Where did you get your bus?
LissaYSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:30 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: F33695
Engine: 427 chevy converted to 466
Rated Cap: 84
I purchased my bus in 2005 off ebay, it was in Salt Lake City. We flew out and drove it home, it was Feb and not a pleasant trip but we made it. We've been enjoying the fruits of our labor for 16 years. Have done some major changes over the years, mostly mechanical, always raising the bar. Actually if we had it to do all over again we wouldn't change much on the inside, maybe a couple more inches in the bathroom and that's it. I saw on ebay the fancy travel buses are going real cheap because of covid and fleet reductions. School buses are just trucks with a bread box on top, parts are cheap and plentiful, the travel buses are more expensive with less parts available except through OEM.
sportyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:46 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Hi - we are purchasing our Skoolie already converted and will be doing several upgrades and some renovations. We were looking on https://tinyhouselistings.com/ and noticed several Skoolies listed there. If you're starting from the ground...wheels-up, there are lots of sites to surf, but starting this site is a great resource for help. I've already received some really good info!
Best of luck!!