Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #1

Hello from Trolleycar: RVsiteing and Schoolies as well

Hello all My girl friend And I are About start a new phases in our lives
I have been into camping since I was 13 years old as a boy scout and I have loved camping for the last fifty years. And now We want to start to Traveling around the country , and do boondocking where were possible RV Parks if we have to When I found this site and after giving a good once over. I came to the conclusion that there is a great deal of great information. What I need to know where can one locate at fair price a bus. What we are thinking of if a 40 foot Blue Bird Diesel Pusher , with Air brakes and auto Transmission.If there is Any body that can Help us locate the bus so we can Start converting to a Motor Home this coming spring(2018 ) I would greatly appreciate any help locating the bus.

trolleycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolleycar View Post
Hello all My girl friend And I are About start a new phases in our lives
I have been into camping since I was 13 years old as a boy scout and I have loved camping for the last fifty years. And now We want to start to Traveling around the country , and do boondocking where were possible RV Parks if we have to When I found this site and after giving a good once over. I came to the conclusion that there is a great deal of great information. What I need to know where can one locate at fair price a bus. What we are thinking of if a 40 foot Blue Bird Diesel Pusher , with Air brakes and auto Transmission.If there is Any body that can Help us locate the bus so we can Start converting to a Motor Home this coming spring(2018 ) I would greatly appreciate any help locating the bus.
Welcome.

Bus sources are ... Private sales, Dealers, Auction sites.

Of the three, by far the best prices are to be found on auction sites. Craigslist, eBay are generally best avoided and dealers sell buses at dealer prices.

If all you want is a decent bus at a relatively high price (and I'm talking at least double), then a dealer will sort you out.

If you want an honest bus, direct from a school district at a very decent price, then the auction sites are the place to find them.

publicsurplus.com
govdeals.com
purplewave.com
422sales.com

The usual caveats apply to buying a vehicle from ANY source.

The better buses, in terms of both spec and condition, generally come from the drier states, and the worst from the Mid-West. This is not a rule, it's a guideline. My top-spec, rust-free bus came from Nebraska, so you have to look carefully.

Good luck

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
You've come to the right place.

You'll want to watch our "Non-affiliated Buses for Sale" thread which are usually auction or craigslist buses. There are also people currently listing buses for sale on this site.

Beyond that, if you'll let us know what area of the country you're in someone may spot a bus you'd like.

Meanwhile there are lots of build ideas you can read up on here.