Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2020, 03:45 PM   #1

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas Built Minotour
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Hello from us SoCal Newbies

Hello friends!
We are Dale and Kiki,. We are 51 years old and we finally took the plunge!!! Our 2ish year dream/obsession of owning a short bus has come to fruition.

About us—We own and operate our local CrossFit affiliate and are passionate about living life to the fullest. I am the avid backpacker and my husband is the avid musician, but both of us really enjoy both past times together. We have been blessed with two awesome daughters, amazing health, a crazy dog named Bubba and wonderful friends and family. Dale and I have a burning desire to get out of the bubble where we reside in order to experience life through a multitude of lenses.

About our bus—It’s been almost a month since we bought our 2001 Thomas built Ford e- 450, 7.3 L diesel power stroke. We bought a project that somebody already started but we have some big ideas for doing a full conversion. The previous owners conversion consisted of a bed, and almost complete slat bed/couch, a foot pump sink and a side-by-side chest fridge/freezer and 200w solar. Pretty simplistic but ready to go, well almost...

Our idea was to take the bus out for a few trips and get a feel for what exactly we want to do with it inside. We purchased her in San Diego, drove her home only to find out we have no working brake lights, so our first outing will be postponed for quite some time until I figure out how to fix brake lights. I am optimistic that I could learn just like anybody else, but my husband is a bit more on the frustrated side. if anyone on this site has a good resource for wiring/brake lights, would you mind sharing?

We are looking forward to meeting other creative and adventurous people on our journey! Of course we want to meet friends from all over, but do we have any other Skoolies on here from SoCal?

Thank you for letting us into your community! We’re looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and we hope someday we’ll have some nuggets of wisdom to share in return!

Be awesome,
Kiki and Dale

camisjammies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, ford e450, short bus, socal