Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #1

Hello from WNC!

Hi all! We're a little family of 3 (and one grumpy, old cat) looking to make a change. My DH has been in love with the tiny home movement for several years now, but it took me till last year to get on board with the idea. I started digging around on my own, and fell in love when I came across my first bus conversion on Pinterest. We began to become disheartened when we realized that building a tiny house on a trailer might never be within our reach financially, but now that we've seen that a skoolie could be very doable for us, we're extremely hopeful and excited again.
Our young daughter is our inspiration going forward. She has many special needs that have already required some travel for medical appointments, and hotels can be costly for us and stressful for her. A home we can take with us would be such a blessing in those situations. But more than that, we don't know what the future holds for her, medically, so we want to spend our time enjoying her and teaching her and showing her the world. We're tired of spending our precious time and limited resources/finances just to make ends meet, to pay rent for square footage that we use to store stuff we don't need, to clean up and manage and on and on and on. We've no illusions that downsizing will solve all of our problems, but it will give us more time, and that is priceless.
So, I'm here to learn what I can from those of you who are living the dream already, so we can get started making our dream a reality.

lmpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
The tiny houses don't HAVE to be on trailers, but even so- they dont HAVE to cost 60k.
Unless you want the ones on Pinterest. I think most of those are rich yuppies' "play houses".
That said- I like the bus route better.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote