Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2020, 10:53 PM   #1

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cat 7.2L
Hello, hello!

Hey all, my name is Alex. I've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to create an account. I just bought my second bus, a 2003 Thomas with a Cat 3126 pusher and Allison 2000 series trans. My first bus was a 2008 Thomas with an MBE 926 I bought for $6500. It drove great and was super clean but I decided to sell it for a smaller bus and ended up getting $10,000 for it. I bought the 30 footer for $5000 which I felt was a fair price and now I've got a decent budget to get started with!

The current bus, which is currently nicknamed Home A'Roam II was previously owned by a diesel mechanic who planned to convert it to a skoolie and travel to Nascar races. He said he went over the engine and transmission and it was good to go. Unfortunately he fell ill and had to let the bus go.

It's got a few quirks I need to work out: some electrical bugs and probably a ball joint that needs replacing, but the engine felt better than the Mercedes in the 40' bus I drove back from Vegas. It's also got an overdrive gear, a lockup TC, cruise control, massive storage underneath, very low hours and about 115k on the odometer. Overall I'm pretty excited to get started.

I'm looking to give up my job as a helicopter pilot, sell my house, a truck, a motorcycle, and most of my belongings to live in the bus full-time and travel the country with my cat, Toki.

I'll be sure to post up some pics once I meet the minimum post requirements and I'll do my best to document the progress here and possibly on YouTube as well. See you around!

-Alex

shade-tree_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote