Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

Hello Skoolie Community!!

Hi folks! I've started this thread to describe a sickness my household and I have recently come down with that many here have also fell to: Skoolie Fever. We've got it bad. Looking to get my amazing significant other, a dog, two cats and myself out on the road ASAP.

I have always been a wanderer. Lots of traveling to see concerts and attend hippie gatherings in my late teens/early 20's. A year stint in southern California to learn to surf and enjoy the beach while living out of a Subaru. Now a few years have passed and I'm ready to get back out and take in even more of this beautiful country in addition to paying our neighbors to the North and South a visit.

My girlfriend on the other hand... Not so much of a "free spirit" until very recently. We took a road trip out to San Francisco for a friend's wedding right after labor day. We took 8 days off and loaded up our 2 door Altima with a roof bag on top to hold our tent, mattress, and the rest of the gear. Folding the back seat down gave a perfect platform for our Aussie to ride the 3,000 mile trip. Coming from Denver we took the "Loneliest Road in America" Highway 50 out through Nevada. Traveling and camping in the desert, then later in the redwoods, Sierra Nevada's, and open landscapes of Wyoming changed her entire outlook on a nomad-style way of life.

So here we are! Currently we are putting money away to buy a E450 6 window 7.3 turbo bus (or shuttle maybe.. bus is preferred) to convert and get out on the road by September of 2019. We look forward to learning a ton, contributing what we can, and hopefully making some friends here and out in the community. Skoolie Fever, a welcome sickness for our family of 5 Thanks everyone!

KnickKnackCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome to the Madness! Read, read, read then dive in and do it your way.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:45 PM   #3

Thanks! Search function is definitely my best friend. BTW I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and appreciate your input around here. Absolutely beautiful bus as well!
KnickKnackCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:41 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Tons of resources here, welcome to the madhouse

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote