Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Hello skoolie.net and peoples!

My name is tyson im 32 yrs old and currently living in florida. Im currently doing homework and trying to find a bus to convert. I have complex ptsd (multiple posttraumatic stress disorder diagnoses: i been tortured physically and mentally, severe child abuse, shot many times, stabbed many times, shrapnel wounds, ran over, been in many life threatening situations) i have an ESA named dayZ (like the game). Dayz loves the wimmenz. (Thats the only time my trained esa doesnt listen to me, when theres a lady around) dayz loves kids too, she likes all animals aswell shes very smart.

At 23 i changed my life around. Became a rehabilitated criminal. This year june 12 2019 I got ptsd from some guy trying to kill me in my yard with a knife in each hand. I was unarmed. I was forced to stand my ground and use force (keep in mind violence is a trigger. I cant even watch action movies with violence in them without having a severe anxiety attack/flashback) i blackedout a few times. I ended up getting away from dude and called the police. The guy got 5months with credit time served for agg assault with deadly weapon from agg battery with deadly weapon with audio and video proof (thats the justice system for you) he was released last thursday (sep 26 2019)(2 days ago)

After changing my life around i started renting an apartment from my gma (dads mom) since then life has been hell. And im not able to get away from her. Shes the payee of my disability (and wont let me change it), has powrr of attorney over me (abuses it to sign all my property into her name and cleaned my savings account out and closed it to prevent me from leaving), she got a life insurance policy on me and is trying to collect it (she tells people im a rat and watch out if they see me, im most likely trying to set them up. This is to prevent me from being able to make friends and get someone to off me)(she calls the police and makes false statements saying i beat on her and try to kill her. To try to have me thrown in prison because i got an injunction against my father because she entices him to get violent with me because i had a guest) when i did manage to find a girlfriend gma would threaten their life and entice my father to threaten death to intimidate them to leave and not come back. Ive tried to call the police, they do nothing. So i record things and show police the video and audio proof they still do nothing. Its a shame when help doesnt help. Im trying to have her power of attorney revoked so i can change my payee and then i can buy a bus and leave.

So i been having to be smart. I been putting my money in the ground i got about 3k saved up. Im trying to find a bus that i can buy and live in asap. I dont have any friends or family. So i been looking into where i can park the bus and live in full time for little to no cost what so ever. Ill convert as i go. And upgrade over time. (Like if i see a counter top on the side of the road in better shape than my current ill rip out the old and put in the new.

It would be a blessing to find a shop in florida like colorado coach customs or whatever that place is called in colorado where its a diy shop but you can use tools etc to convert the bus (out of the elements) but i surely aint finding anything.

My goal is to travel and find a safe place i can live. Far away from my family. Hopefully i can save money while i travel so i can afford to buy some cheap land somewhere. I was looking into starting a youtube channel mainly to record things for my doctors to see back home. But im thinking i could do one for my travelings. But it wont last forever. Im ill, and i wont be living much longer. I just want what little time i have left to be as peaceful as possible.

I dont drink alcohol. I do smoke medical marijuana. I dont drive stoned. I normally smoke at night before dinner and bed and sometimes in the morning if i have no plans that day. If i can find somewhere where i can legally grow my own medical that would be a plus.

I plan to build the bus to be offgrid. The freshwater tank will be in the r35 insulated enclosed pull behind trailer (will be a 250gal tote tank). So will the battery bank/charge controller/propane tanks/generator/spare fuel/and maybe tools. This way i can have more room in the bus for other things, and if something happens to the bus like a fire. I wont be totally screwed. Figured id go the portable solar panel route so i can store them to protect against hail/mother nature. Eventually i would like to put a full deck (bumper to bumper) on the roof of the bus to watch sunsets/sunrise and protect bus from sun/hail. Id like to panel off some windows aswell. I have no experience in welding aluminum. Lol

If theres anyone on here that has land willing to help someone in need of a place to convert a bus. I would be grateful. Or if anyone knows of a place like colorado coach customs that allows people to rent diy space and offers tools/knowledge to help please let me know. I get 771$ a month disability which isnt much. About 350 of it would go towards bills off the top so woupd leave me 421$ a month towards rent+conversion+survival needs. My current situation is my whole check gets gobbled up by my (abuser) i get 5$ a month to live on if im lucky. Basically im used as a meal ticket. (Life aint about how much money you make, its about what you can live without .. right?)

So yea im gonna be living on a super tight budget. Any help/hand me downs/advice/tips would be gladly appreciated. I could use some friends if anyone wants to be friends. Traveling companions too

C-ptsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:24 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
I do hope you can get a bus and live freely. Keep after it.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote