Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2021, 07:03 AM   #1

Here for the knowledge

Hi, I'm Andy an electrician/handyman in oakland, ca and I've been hired to install the electrical conversion equipment on a 2007 IC CE300; extra batteries, inverter/charger, shore power and the rest. Also the bus has no heat which is why I'm here.
The coolant at 170-180 or so makes it as far as the stepwell and even then the hose leading up to it is barely warm while the other radiator and heater hoses are nice and toasty. All the coolant lines in the body are cold. I opened all the valves (3) including the one by the driver's foot.
The Webasto DW 80 had the plug to the circ pump disconnected, but some welding had been done on the exhaust and maybe that's why IDK, but after plugging it in it never starts.
The temp and driver/passenger and recirc controls were sticky at first, now they all the way around which felt pretty creepy. All the fans seem to work in the seat areas and stepwell.
My questions:
Where to start?
There is a little silver momentary button next to the boost switch on the driver's switch panel that doesn't seem to do anything. Ideas?
I've been peeping for a couple days and you guys seem very helpful and have seen a lot of the same issues. I got the engine (DT466) and Webasto manuals.
Any help would be fantastic, sorry to ramble.
Andy

ArtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:16 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
my first thought...

There are often times, in the buses I have seen with my own eyes, more than two valves... My first thought is that you have missed a valve. I have seen them under the bus by the transmission heat exchanger, back of the cylinder head, near the inlet of the water pump and just at the inlet/outlet of the heaters.

The idea, sometimes, is to place valves so that parts of the heaters can be isolated - in case of a leak, from the rest of the system and leave the bus operational.

good luck, be methodical, perhaps map out coolant lines as an aide.

william
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:13 PM   #3

That's a good idea. I didn't look under the bus. Thanks
ArtBus is offline   Reply With Quote