Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #1

Hey Hey Hey

Hello,
I am new to the whole Skoolie idea, but It took me seeing one transformed bus and I immediately fell in love. I am getting ready to graduate and go into graduate school a different university. I feel that they Skoolie way of life would be a great one for me as I am looking at ways to cut cost on rent. I do realize the initial cost is going to be a good amount. But when I compare what I think it will cost compared to what a apartment will cost to rent I feel the odds are in my favor.

Anyways I have yet to buy a bus though I am looking into the cost and trying to find the exact size that I want. The basics are coming into play and I am starting to realize what total research I need to do before I will be willing to buy. Hopefully I will have everything fully planned by June or July so when buses become widely available I am able to purchase a good one for a steal.

Other then that please feel free to comment and give me some well needed advice on where and how to begin.

Thanks,
DailyDreamer

DailyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:42 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Hi there, glad to have you.
Where are you and what are you studying?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome

Be sure to read as many build threads as you can. That's where you will learn the most.

Only ask questions if you can't find the answer by searching. Starting threads asking questions already asked and answered just clutters up the site, making it harder for the next person to find the info.

After you get a bus, please share tons of pics with us.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Hi there, glad to have you.
Where are you and what are you studying?
I am at WVU and will be becoming a School Counselor hopefully. Graduate acceptance is pending. Originally I am from MD though.

Nat_ster: Thanks for the heads up and I will be sure to make sure that my research is thoroughly done before asking a question. I completely understand how they can junk up the area with the same question. Thank you
DailyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote