Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Ford e350
Engine: 6L v8 Diesel
Thumbs up Hey there from the Hoosier state

A quick introduction. My wife and I (Amy & Rob) are in Indiana prepparing to convert our new to us 2004 Ford e350 short bus. it was painted green DIY style clearly. Has some minor rust spots and will need sanded and painted or wrapped. Im no mechanic but it seems to be it great shape however it is the fabled 6L engine Ive heard such rave reviews about. (sarcasm oozes over) with about 177,00 miles on the diesel engine. Its been converted partially on the interior.

Bed
bolted seat belt bench seat
water pumping to sink
gas stove installed
Wood flooring (only insulation is a thin rubber mat)
thin panel insulation from floor to the bottom of windows
deep cycle batteries
some led lighting

So some work to be done for sure but I have plenty of time. As most I PLAN to do a cheap conversion as its just a way to live life with less restraints. My wife travels 8 months of the year with formula racing and Im disabled and dont work but I along with the help of my soon to be in college daughter run a nonprofit we started a few years ago. In fact the bus will mostly serve as a way for me to travel with my wife when she works and also to spread donations via our charity GamingTheGreenway dot Org nationwide rather than just in Indian, Illinois, and Ohio. Pretty exciting (yet extremely busy) time for the Greenways. Anyways glad this site is here, great stuff. Hopeful to meet and greet with some fellow Hoosiers as it gets warmer and our build gets going.

Roby8amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2010
Coachwork: IC
Engine: MF DT466
Rated Cap: 81
Sounds like a good start. What part of Indiana you from. I am from up around Pendleton.
Miles O Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Ford e350
Engine: 6L v8 Diesel
We're in Avon currently. Indy, Carmel, Cowan, Anderson, New Castle, Losantville, Muncie, South Bend, Mishawaka, Winchester, and my home town Portland before that. Born and raised in Indiana. Im 30 something (stopped counting after 30 cause why bother) Skoolie life seemed well suited for me.
Roby8amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
We lived in Merrillville breifly in the 80's when I was a kid. Sort of in between there and Gary.
Nice people up there.
Enjoy the bus!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford e350, indiana, indianapolis, short bus conversion