Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2022, 02:37 PM   #1

Year: 1996
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: DT466
Hey Y'all

They call me the Stoopidmonkey... It's a long story better told elsewhere; Jennifer is the woman who keeps me in check, and lets me call her my girlfriend. We have been together for 9 Wyld months. In that time we have crammed a lot into our relationship; including building a fully custom Jeep from the ground up! Which brings me to what brought us to this forum. We bought a bus over the weekend, and are currently in the planning process for our conversion. First let me introduce our "Princess" she is a 35 foot 22 window Thomas School Bus powered by the DT466 engine backed with a 4 speed automatic transmission on an international chassis. She came to us boasting only 61,000 miles on the odometer, the interior skin, and insulation has been removed, as were the seats, and the floor has been sealed, the best part is the brand new Tesla seat for the driver, and one passenger that was installed . We found her in Arizona 60 miles north of Mexico, and drove her home to Utah without a single hitch We quickly found out that she loves 55 mph, will tolerate 60, but doesn't appreciate 65 at all . Thus her name is Princess... sure she will go wherever we go, but it will be on her time or not at all. Princess will be our "Jeep Crawler Hauler" flat bed car hauler/ RV conversion. She will be normal RV business up front, and all party in the rear. However Princess must go on a diet and lose 40% of her body mass, so she will be going under the knife right away. We are cutting 5 of the window sections, walls, and roof off of her, and sliding her end cap forward to make room for "Wyld Chyld" our custom built 1994 Jeep Wranger (YJ) to ride with us. No longer needing a truck, trailer, and hotels our travel money will go further. I will start a thread detailing every step we take on this forum. I hope you enjoy, and thanks for having us! Here are some pics. Enjoy

Stoopidmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:21 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
Welcome! Sounds like a cool project. I'll be following along

If you haven't already, check out Mr4btTahoe's "GamblerBound" thread. Sounds like you two have some hobbies in common.

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/g...ild-29323.html
Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:40 PM   #3

Year: 1996
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: DT466
I guess my url for pictures didn't take?
Stoopidmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:59 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
One of the spam killing bots probably ate your pics. There are a lot of fake new accounts that try to separate us from our money, so the forum has restrictions on new members. After a few posts (5 I think?) you get more freedom and can post pics and such.
Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crawlerhauler, flatbed skoolie, skoolie build, skoolie life, toy hauler