Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Hi folks

Found the web site while googling for solution for my enormous problem with maxxforce dpf egr systems.
I hope I will be able to get some answers and suggestions.

PeterMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Please tell us you did not buy a MaxxForce.
Lots of people wind up buying a bus in good faith without doing their research, just because it's newer with low hours and miles, that turns out to have a known problem engine. Low age, miles and hours are not always the best deciding factors, unfortunately...

What exactly do you have, and what are the symptoms of your problem(s)? cadillackid may have some answers, perhaps.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #3

You got the story 100% right, and that worries me.
I guess we are not the only ones.
We didn't buy a maxxforce, we bought almost 2 dozen.
God help us. I am trying to findout something about the delete, to see if that can help us out.
We mostly have issues with emission related components. EGR vales failing, DPF doing regens all the time...
Old 12-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #4
Traveling

Deletes are not legal. Catch-22, RVs are exempt, but tampering with / removing factory emissions controls before the vehicle reaches a certain age (or as long as parts can be sourced to keep them functional) is illegal.

It may only be illegal if you get caught, but it's a $50k fine if you do. You could try repowering with a gas setup. Only way I know to get around it. It can be a PITA though.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #5

I know what you are saying, but at this point we are desperate and willing to experiment and try.
Also the application of these vehicle might allows to be exempt, but that is not a rock hard information.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #6
Traveling

Seats removed and retitled as RV or MOTORHOME, it is exempt, but catch 22 is that as long as emissions parts exist to maintain the system, it may still be subject. What exactly do you have? Pics would be helpful.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:25 PM   #7
Traveling

26' U-Hauls are commonly sold as cab / chassis now. Easy way to get a complete running gasser setup that could be transplanted into a DPF bus to get around the emissions equipment problems. They run $2500-$4000, but then there's the work involved. If we're talking conventionals, (CE / FE series vs RE), a body swap to the gasser chassis might be easier. A lot of work either way.