Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2020, 01:27 PM   #1

Hi from Belleview, FL.

Long story short... bought a 2005 International RE300 with a 7.6L TD engine and Allison DT66? tranny.

The bus is for my daughter and her significant other who plan to move here from NYC to do the conversion.

Here's a view on a preliminary layout.

Attached Thumbnails
Skoolie5.jpg  

GreeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #2

Btw, when I signed up I messed up my user name. It should be GreenT instead of GreeT.

If the mods can fix that I would appreciate it.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: IH3800
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeT View Post
Long story short... bought a 2005 International RE300 with a 7.6L TD engine and Allison DT66? tranny.

The bus is for my daughter and her significant other who plan to move here from NYC to do the conversion.

Here's a view on a preliminary layout.

Pretty sure that engine is the DT466E. Allison trannys are MT643, and usually a 2000 or 3000 series most common being 3060.

Let me welcome you, this is a great forum. I ghosted it for over a year before signing up but I'm glad I did sign on, most of the peeps here have extensive knowledge and share it willingly if you are respectful and patient! Good luck on the conversion, most common "first steps" are either a front to back thorough inspection of the engine and chassis or tearing out your seats and flooring (if you were wondering where to go next!)
Maligator. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligator. View Post
Pretty sure that engine is the DT466E. Allison trannys are MT643, and usually a 2000 or 3000 series most common being 3060.

Let me welcome you, this is a great forum. I ghosted it for over a year before signing up but I'm glad I did sign on, most of the peeps here have extensive knowledge and share it willingly if you are respectful and patient! Good luck on the conversion, most common "first steps" are either a front to back thorough inspection of the engine and chassis or tearing out your seats and flooring (if you were wondering where to go next!)
the 643 was long gone by 2005.

I went to high school near Belleview. Small world.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
the 643 was long gone by 2005.

I went to high school near Belleview. Small world.

I see you're not far from me.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligator. View Post

Thanks for the welcome Maligator, I've also been lurking for a few week before joining.

And, as you can see, I know nothing about buses or diesel engines.