Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2019, 08:39 AM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-t-liner
Engine: Cat 3126 - MD 3060
Rated Cap: 72
Pardon the satire. I’ve wanted to reply this to who ever for many years.

ThePimentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #22
Almost There

Year: 1994
Coachwork: N/A
Chassis: Chevy C30
Engine: 7.4L gas
Rated Cap: 14,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbarrow View Post
Howdy from a neighbor just South of you in Eugene. I don't have a "skoolie" but my Matilda used to live in Portland. I got her summer before last and am slowly working on her. But, like you, didn't let that stop me from taking a few trips to the coast!

Welcome aboard!
Hi! And thank you
ladybird_bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:31 AM   #23
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePimentals View Post
Pardon the satire. I’ve wanted to reply this to who ever for many years.
Sorry. Not cultured enough to get that one
Old 02-26-2019, 11:25 AM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Chassis: Thomas
I'm in Portland too!
natapotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #25
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by natapotts View Post
I'm in Portland too!
Oh, hey! Do you have a bus? Whereabouts are you? We're in NE
Old 02-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Chassis: Thomas
I do! It's currently at the mechanic in Willamina though . The bus is an international 3800 medium length bus, too! I think your's is a bit longer than mine though...I've got about 24 feet in length. I'll be moving up to a spot in N Portland in the next few weeks if all goes well!! I've been documenting the process on instagram (@rhodie_bus) and just creeping on posts as they come through on these forums haha. Excited to have some fellow skoolie friends in Portland
natapotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:52 PM   #27
Almost There

Quote:
I do! It's currently at the mechanic in Willamina though . The bus is an international 3800 medium length bus, too! I think your's is a bit longer than mine though...I've got about 24 feet in length. I'll be moving up to a spot in N Portland in the next few weeks if all goes well!! I've been documenting the process on instagram (@rhodie_bus) and just creeping on posts as they come through on these forums haha. Excited to have some fellow skoolie friends in Portland
Cool! Just followed you on IG (I'm @ladybird.van). I think we do have a little bit more - 5 feet actually - courtesy of the wheelchair access door - which we hope to turn into a deck off the bedroom.

Lovely to 'meet' you! It'd be great to connect in person when you get to N pdx!
Old 02-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #28
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
windows are usually counted on the driver side starting behind the drivers side window. you do have an 8 window bus. The thing I like most about our bus is the flat floor. no wheel wells to build around. I just started following you on IG I am @lancem52. I have a few pics of my bus on there. I have had a very busy year, but hope to be getting some quality hours back into my bus here soon as we want to take it on several trips this year! feel free to check out my build thread in my signature below since we are both working with the same floor space. I see on your picture that you were the 123 bus, I bought the 121 bus. Super happy with it and all the maintenance records that came with it were really helpful.

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #29
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovobay View Post
windows are usually counted on the driver side starting behind the drivers side window. you do have an 8 window bus. The thing I like most about our bus is the flat floor. no wheel wells to build around. I just started following you on IG I am @lancem52. I have a few pics of my bus on there. I have had a very busy year, but hope to be getting some quality hours back into my bus here soon as we want to take it on several trips this year! feel free to check out my build thread in my signature below since we are both working with the same floor space. I see on your picture that you were the 123 bus, I bought the 121 bus. Super happy with it and all the maintenance records that came with it were really helpful.
No kidding?! We have sibling buses!
I will check out your build - thank you! I also love that we don't have to deal with wheel wells inside.. I'm learning quickly about all the things we *do* have to deal with though (*cough* 6L VT365 engine *cough*)
Old 02-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #30
Bus Nut

Quote:

I don't want to hijack ladybird_bus's thread, but I started following you on IG and really hope you get your bus back again soon. have you heard what is wrong with it? That is a great sized bus.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #31
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird_bus View Post
No kidding?! We have sibling buses!
I will check out your build - thank you! I also love that we don't have to deal with wheel wells inside.. I'm learning quickly about all the things we *do* have to deal with though (*cough* 6L VT365 engine *cough*)

Be thankful for the little things too. 1 thing would be the hundreds and hundreds of bolts that hold your ceiling in place. other builders use rivets that need to be chiseled/hammered/drilled out. Not sure what your exact plans are but if you do remove your ceiling to insulate (most on this site are huge advocates of this, like me) this will save a lot of time. keep those posts and pictures coming.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:01 PM   #32
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovobay View Post
Be thankful for the little things too. 1 thing would be the hundreds and hundreds of bolts that hold your ceiling in place. other builders use rivets that need to be chiseled/hammered/drilled out. Not sure what your exact plans are but if you do remove your ceiling to insulate (most on this site are huge advocates of this, like me) this will save a lot of time. keep those posts and pictures coming.
Already gone!
And I am indeed very grateful. The screws came out, for the most part, very easily. Those rails in the floors though.. not looking forward to that. Did you get yours out?

(sorry - don't know why the photos are sideways. they weren't taken or uploaded that way).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6334.jpg   IMG_6333.jpg  
Old 02-26-2019, 07:37 PM   #33
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird_bus View Post
Already gone!
And I am indeed very grateful. The screws came out, for the most part, very easily. Those rails in the floors though.. not looking forward to that. Did you get yours out?

(sorry - don't know why the photos are sideways. they weren't taken or uploaded that way).
Sideway pics is a site issue, happens to us all. Ceilings come out much easier than floors and seat rails in the floor.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote