Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Blue Bird
Talking Hi from South Louisiana

Hi, I am an oilfield worker and also a substitute school bus driver who is on the list to purchase a school bus from my parish. I am planning on turning it into a skoolie with the "Zombie Evac" theme due to my daughter having a new found love for that zombie show on AMC. I am doing a lot of research with the help from this site and a few others. Since working with natural gas offshore and constantly working with pipes I am pretty confident in my abilities to pipe the water and gas hoses. But I fail at understanding most principles of electronics. That is my downside to the conversion. I was planning on running everything like they do out here, with 3 or 4 large batteries and a 12v converter. If any one has any recommendations on electric or wiring I am all ears.

Thanks in advance and I am excited to be here reading and sharing this adventure with yall.

Smilinbob

smilinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: Still dreaming about a bus
Greetings from New Orleans, I am looking to use my skoolie as a hurricane escape pod. I had considered zombie proofing it if the fashion of Dawn of the Dead. I would be interested in comparing notes about insurance and registration issues. Drop me a PM or email at Lamacose@gmail.com. I work for a marine transportation company that services the oilfield. Love to trade war stories.

Best regards, Andy
Lamacose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:14 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Hey Andy, yeah after this flood hit last aug I am planning on putting enough gear power to use mine as a bug out vehicle too. I'm not going as in depth as the zombie bus as Dawn of the Dead but I'm planning on blocking most windows and fabricating some bars to put over the windshield while parked haha. For crowd control lol.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
Skoolie

Greetings from Lafayette, LA.

I also work in the oilfield with Natural Gas, perhaps we have run into each other sometime

Sounds like a Louisiana skoolie meet will need to be arranged in future!
deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:03 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: Still dreaming about a bus
Yes, we will defiantly need to put something together in the near future. I have been following your thread. Best of luck with the turbo & getting your rig home.
Lamacose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:19 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

That sounds great! Looking forward to it. And maybe I live in Abbeville haha.