Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2022, 10:36 PM   #1

Hi, new member

Hi all, my name is Joey and my wife and I are in the process of converting an older International S1800 bus into a hauler for our pulling truck. We are going to be taking the back portion of the body and moving it forward to make a "living quarters" for us and build a flatbed with a beavertail on the back to load the puller on. I stumbled across this site while doing some research and thought it might just be a valuable source of information for when we get the living area built and start adding normal amenities. I already have some use specific things such as an onboard generator, air compressor,and tool/storage boxes but I don't quite have things for us figured out yet other than a bed lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Snapchat-24773982.jpg   20201111_101558_HDR.jpg   20210512_174550_HDR.jpg   20210530_155728_HDR.jpg   20210603_184417_HDR.jpg  

FB_IMG_1664139979662.jpg  

Hog Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 11:41 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: ford E350
Engine: 6.0 power stroke Diesel Navistar EFI
Rated Cap: wife & 2 corgis
Both very cool. somebody in this forum did something similar. a came across his build on the random photos and had some cool build pics. he also pulled another jeep on the back like a trailer. couldnt find it but
EastCoastCB spotted it on the road LOL.

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/sk...ted-20034.html
Old 12-09-2022, 03:16 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Your wheeled hog artwork is fantastic.
Old 12-09-2022, 04:07 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 1963
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: HPO
Engine: Cummins 220
Rated Cap: 1
Cool, another toyhauler! Are you going to dovetail the back deck aft of the axle?

I have my own toyhauler project going, all enclosed by the bus in my case with tractor trailer doors in the back. Toyhaulers are cut short so much for living space I like to check out the shorty buses for build ideas.

If you are on Facebook there is a group called THUMB or Toy Haulers Utilizing Municipal Buses. Lots of dognose conversions like yours. Worth a look even if you just want to check out what others have accomplished.

Keep us posted!

EDIT: oops, you already said beavertail in your post. I am just used to dovetail for the same thing. Also didn't realize the wheelstander is an Epup instead of another Dodge, I have a 66 Supervan. Nowhere near as fast as yours.
UFO pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 04:12 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Pretty nice, but we're gonna need you to back off another 10.
Veloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO pilot View Post
Cool, another toyhauler! Are you going to dovetail the back deck aft of the axle?

I have my own toyhauler project going, all enclosed by the bus in my case with tractor trailer doors in the back. Toyhaulers are cut short so much for living space I like to check out the shorty buses for build ideas.

If you are on Facebook there is a group called THUMB or Toy Haulers Utilizing Municipal Buses. Lots of dognose conversions like yours. Worth a look even if you just want to check out what others have accomplished.

Keep us posted!

EDIT: oops, you already said beavertail in your post. I am just used to dovetail for the same thing. Also didn't realize the wheelstander is an Epup instead of another Dodge, I have a 66 Supervan. Nowhere near as fast as yours.
Yeah, Im a part of that group on Facebook as well as a couple different econoline groups.
Hog Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:46 AM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: NB18FD Oshkosh
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 18,500
Something else to think about. Instead of ramps that will increase vehicle length threw beaver tail. I would look for a roll off bed. Another aside to that is you could mount a stinger under the back to tow a driver to meets instead of being limited to the tow rig as a driver if you need to go somewhere.
PhilipE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 11:09 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloc View Post
Pretty nice, but we're gonna need you to back off another 10.
Starting to close up your sinuses?

Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote