Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2020, 10:32 PM   #1

Year: 1986
Coachwork: AmTran
Rated Cap: 20
Hi there from -still- Germany but-soon- Hungary

I did it - from now on I'm BUSy too - incredible!
Since vehicles are pack animals -in my opinion- the "big one"comes to a species-appropriate home with some other two and four-wheelers, I think he will feel very comfortable.
By now I'm not so familiar with his special breed - and therefore I will surely soon pester the experienced keepers among you with questions - of course only for his own good! I would be particularly happy about the exchange with other International holders of the s1700 series. Mine was born in 1986, more information soon!
Greetings, Vy

Vyvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:05 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner HDX
Engine: CAT C7 300hp w/retarder
Rated Cap: 46 + 1 36,200 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyvy View Post
Since vehicles are pack animals -in my opinion- the "big one"comes to a species-appropriate home with some other two and four-wheelers, I think he will feel very comfortable.
By now I'm not so familiar with his special breed - and therefore I will surely soon pester the experienced keepers among you with questions - of course only for his own good! I would be particularly happy about the exchange with other International holders of the s1700 series. Mine was born in 1986, more information soon!
Greetings, Vy
I, for one, would like to see a picture of this beast.
wrenchtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:23 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Quote:
Greetings, Vy
Mine is one generation older then yours and is an 1971 International Loadstar 1700. The engine came out of a S1700 though.

Good luck with your build, and of course send pictures, we like pictures.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:24 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
What part of DE?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:16 AM   #5

Year: 1986
Coachwork: AmTran
Rated Cap: 20
Thank you for your warm welcome and interest!
I only have pictures of the few that the previous owner used in his ad, within the next 14 days I will pick up the "gentle giant" - then of course there will be more photos, I promise.
I live at the very top in the north of Germany, 10 minutes drive to the North Sea, but I'm moving to Hungary, near Lake Balaton next summer ... after six years of rain and storm we want us and our animals (such as horses, Ouessant sheep and Indian runners) just live in better weather- otherwise Even the horses and sheep Need to learn how to snorkle...
Vyvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
That's very cool. Would love to see pictures of an American bus out there in that landscape.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner HDX
Engine: CAT C7 300hp w/retarder
Rated Cap: 46 + 1 36,200 lbs
Quote:
Thank you for your warm welcome and interest!
I only have pictures of the few that the previous owner used in his ad, within the next 14 days I will pick up the "gentle giant" - then of course there will be more photos, I promise.
I live at the very top in the north of Germany, 10 minutes drive to the North Sea, but I'm moving to Hungary, near Lake Balaton next summer ... after six years of rain and storm we want us and our animals (such as horses, Ouessant sheep and Indian runners) just live in better weather- otherwise Even the horses and sheep Need to learn how to snorkle...
I have family in Hamburg. I have visited and have experienced the weather you refer to. We call it dark, dank, and dreary. But my mother certainly has wonderful memories of growing up there. -- Matthias
wrenchtech is offline   Reply With Quote