Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2022, 10:30 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Chassis: Chevy Kodiak
Engine: 3126B CAT
Rated Cap: 27K
Hiya....

Realized I never did an intro....

Cheers from up north. Working on 4th skoolie. I love the damn things, really all trucks in general. I don't have much to offer the site in general except maybe I can hash out some issues. My whole life, from age 10 up, has been knee deep in carcinogenic waste oils and now emissions systems. With no real "diversity" to brag of I'm a Mack master mechanic, ASE Master Truck Technician, State of Wisconsin Motor Mechanic via United Steel Workers 248, Factory trained in Volvo, Mack, Liehberr and Cummins, a two year technical diploma in Heavy Ag Diesel/Hyd/Welding. Drove Semi part time a couple years while repairing them, and so combo, double, triple and tanker. Currently I work in heavy off-road repair. I've started building up a 2001 Chevy Kodiak bus with a 6 spd Fuller and 3126B CAT.

God bless you boys and girls for all the work you put into these rigs and recording it for the rest of posterity.

PS- I now have all pertinent information ever published for a 3126B Cat engine. My tech school classmate works for Cat and also gave me the hardware spec spreads on achieving all HP levels up to 330hp......in case I can contribute that to any other Cat engine fans.

Tin Roadtube Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:01 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: P30
Engine: 454ci Big Block Chevrolet
Hi there. My opinion is if you're going to build and own one of these things, be prepared to get to work on it! I think a person will be much better off with some solid skills under their belt. My wife works with wood, building cabinets and furniture, and I tend to tend to the mechanical portions and electrical, and electronic. Top it off we're both professional engineers, and do this for fun.

That's an impressive credential list you have there.
craigify is offline   Reply With Quote