Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 12:03 AM   #1

Howdy

Well I've been on this site quite a bit over the past couple days. I guess I could find worse ways to spend my week off work, like working on the bathroom remodel. Anyway figured I'd make an account, and introduce myself. I use the same screen name over on escapees. My original plan was to pick up a HDT and 5er to go full time when I "retire" in 2020. I finally got serious about planning it out to rough guesstimations of how much it would all cost. Then I remembered, or came across a post about Skoolies. The nice thing about Washington state is all I need to basically do is put in a bed, and either a stove or porta potty to be titled as RV (if the same rules to a class 8 truck also apply to a school bus). After the notarized letter of intent (forget the official name, but have the info in an email from the department of licensing). I am kind of partial to the looks of the dog nose buses, but with wanting to stay in the 30-35 ft max length I know that cuts down my interior space. I'm in the process of trying to draw up plans for a 30 ft dog nose (about 26ft usable space?), and a short bus (about 18ft of space?). I do plan on a toad, so I'd have "basement" storage in the 8ft bed of my F150 once I put a topper on it. I plan on having the toad for the times when I will be stationary for a month or more. That way I don't have to pack up the bus to move it, especially if I go with a longer 30-35ft bus. I'd probably do some parks, but probably hit up the free sites for most of my travels to save some money. Anyway I'm rambling a bit, it's 10 at night, and my pup is stretched out on the couch next to me. Oh, and most importantly I'd rather go with the 30-35 ft buss to make sure I have a spot to securly hold Herman my 3ft tall alien (grey guy) statue. I've had him far to long (going on 16 years) to get rid of him when I move from my S&B to Skoolie or RV (which ever one I decide). Oh, and my name is Eric. My Boxer pup is named Chewie
Attached Thumbnails
Chewie.jpg  

PunchItChewie is offline   Reply With Quote